Video/Computer Gaming

Mag

Video/Computer Gaming
« on: 4 Jun 2022, 03:16 pm »
    When I play Need For Speed I pipe the sound effects through my stereo. Really adds to the simulation when the car engine roars and other sounds such as helicopter, police sirens, etc..
   Some of these games also have their own music soundtracks. But I generally don't like the type of music and will play my own playlist usually Trance, as it is conducive to driving at high speed.
  Sounds excellent through my Bryston system and Model T speakers. I would guess though that most gamers use headphones as it is a much lower cost alternative and to not bother the people around them that are not playing the game.

So what Video Games do you play through your stereo system and what do you like about it? :smoke:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Video/Computer Gaming
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2022, 04:36 pm »
Back when I was playing GT5, I'd drag my office chair right in front of the center channel of my HT system. Sitting about 8' away from a 140" front projection screen and right in front of (4) 15" infinite baffle subs blast me was pretty awesome.
It's a lot of fun for FPS games, but hard to scan a 10' wide screen to see who's shooting back at you. Not very effective from a gaming standpoint, but certainly fun. Neat to 'show off' when fellow gamers come over too.
These days, I'm playing Destiny2 and sit comfortably about 20' feet away from that screen in the cushy reclining HT chair. Pretty cool, I enjoy it a lot. Definitely immersive.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2022, 06:09 pm »
Definitely spent a few hours gaming in my time...I've always loved racing Sim games, so Gran Turismo for PS4, Dirt Rally or Project Cars for PC. When I had my surround sound up it was super fun, but the sound as a whole is better on my stereo now. I tend to turn off all game music, play from cockpit or in-helmet view, and turn off all HUD features so it's as close to real as possible. Dirt Rally will definitely stress you out in the cockpit view since there is no map, just a spotter in the passenger seat calling the turns. I still play just enough that I can't commit to swapping my PC for a small nuc for music playback as gaming and movies are still fun from time to time.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2022, 06:50 pm »
I have a separate HT/Gaming setup from my 2 channel.

While it isn’t as good as my 2 channel, it’s not too shabby!   :green:

Salk + Parasound + Denon + SVS

George

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2022, 03:10 am »
  Screenshot of Need For Speed- Hot Pursuit 2 Remastered graphics on PC- Origin website, 60 frames per second with my graphics card.
Although I like the game, Heat is a more complete game even with some of the cons. Hopefully Need For Speed 2022 when it's released will have elements of Heat. I would like to see the Cops controlled by players like in Rivals rather than AI. Well Artificial Intelligence could be used for Cops a real challenge would be to compete against experienced Player Cops.