Strange Distortion with FLAC files and SqueezeBox2 6.2.X

agentsmith

OK this is a really freaky problem. After 6.2.X, I encountered very nasty distortion only on one particular album (Bach/Zimmerman Solo Cello ECM).

The distortion is extremely nasty, I had to run to switch my amp off, I thought my amp was blown out/

Strange thing is this:

1. Only on this album
2. Only on FLAC (convert back to WAV OK)
3. Only on SB2 (PC play OK)
4. Only with 6.2.X and 6.5 (6.1.1 OK)
5. When happened the volume level seemed to have shot up

This is a freaky problem as it does not make any sense. Has anyone heard of this problem? I have subimt my bug report (link below)

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2651

lcrim

« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2005, 03:56 pm »
Hi:
What do you use to rip your CD's to your hard drive?  I would try EAC and ask it to go out to its online DB to get a read on the correct bit count for that recording.

agentsmith

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2005, 01:38 am »
Quote from: lcrim
Hi:
What do you use to rip your CD's to your hard drive?  I would try EAC and ask it to go out to its online DB to get a read on the correct bit count for that recording.

Thanks I use EAC, but did not try the bit count option.  I will try when I get around figuring out how to do it.

However, someone from Slim forum told me it may be related to Replaygain being introduced in 6.2X, and sure enough my flacs used the RG option, so I will try to reinstall 6.2X with no RG and see if that solves the problem as well.