Bryston warranty

Deftone

Bryston warranty
« on: 22 Nov 2010, 11:24 am »
I understand that Bryston amps had a 20 yrs and the rest of the other components only 5yrs.My question here is,when will the warranties start.On the date of manufacture or on the date of purchase.Thank you.

PS:I just place the order for 4bsst2,BCD-1,BP26 and the BDA-1 today thru my local dealer.For now i have to wait patiently for the above to be delivered from Canada.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston warranty
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2010, 12:22 pm »
I understand that Bryston amps had a 20 yrs and the rest of the other components only 5yrs.My question here is,when will the warranties start.On the date of manufacture or on the date of purchase.Thank you.

PS:I just place the order for 4bsst2,BCD-1,BP26 and the BDA-1 today thru my local dealer.For now i have to wait patiently for the above to be delivered from Canada.

Hi Deftone,

We use the date of manufacture as it is the easiest way to track a product over 20 years.

james

Deftone

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2010, 12:30 pm »
Ok,what if the dealer gave me a 2009 amp that mean i only got 19 yrs.left for warranty right?Instead of the usual 20.m

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2010, 12:41 pm »
Ok,what if the dealer gave me a 2009 amp that mean i only got 19 yrs.left for warranty right?Instead of the usual 20.m

A most interesting observation - you could conceivably purchase a dealers “new old stock” component that could easily be a couple of years old.

Be well…

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2010, 12:44 pm »
A most interesting observation - you could conceivably purchase a dealers “new old stock” component that could easily be a couple of years old.

Be well…

The problem is how do we know it stayed in a box for 3 years or was used everyday on display?

james

Deftone

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2010, 12:59 pm »
Exactly and thats what i thought.An old new amp that will be pass to the consumer as brand new amp from the factory not unless we go thru the hassle of checking the actual date of manufacture.
Anyway how long will it take for the factory to come up with one amp,with the QC tested regime and ready for delivery to the distributor to be handover to the consumer.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2010, 01:05 pm »
Exactly and thats what i thought.An old new amp that will be pass to the consumer as brand new amp from the factory not unless we go thru the hassle of checking the actual date of manufacture.
Anyway how long will it take for the factory to come up with one amp,with the QC tested regime and ready for delivery to the distributor to be handover to the consumer.

Hi Deftone

It would be about a week to 10 days from order. What dealer and I will watch for it.

James

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #7 on: 22 Nov 2010, 01:29 pm »
The problem is how do we know it stayed in a box for 3 years or was used everyday on display?

james

Caveat emptor...

:wink:

Be well...

sfraser

« Reply #8 on: 22 Nov 2010, 02:10 pm »

The best thing about the Bryston war. Is that you will most likely never have to use it.   :D . Enjoy your new equipment, it's bullet proof and it sounds Great!

Stephen L

« Reply #9 on: 22 Nov 2010, 03:10 pm »
The best thing about the Bryston war. Is that you will most likely never have to use it.   :D .

Had to warranty my 4bst twice, must have got a lemon... :bawl:

Steve

GaryArthur

« Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2010, 04:47 pm »

Congrats on the purchase of some fine Bryston gear. I currently have 6 Bryston amps with 11 channels and have never had a problem over the years. I bought my 7B-SST's 8 years ago and they, just like the rest of my Brystons , have worked flawlessly. When I bought the 7's there was a 2 month difference between the manufacture date and the purchase date. Yes my 20 year warranty is actually only 19 years and 10 months. I still have nearly 12 years of warranty left. With the other guys my warranty would have died 5 years ago, No matter how I look at it I will be an old man by the time my warranty expires.

I am also waiting for my 7th and 8th Bryston amps, a pair of new 28's. They tell me they are on a truck somwhere between Canada and Los Angeles. I think the delay is caused by TSA fondling my "junk".  Isn't waitng fun?

Gary

ian.ameline

« Reply #11 on: 22 Nov 2010, 05:43 pm »
As a long time Bryston customer, I've had a couple of occasions to exercise the warranty.

I had the bridged/stereo switch on the back of a 10 year old 4B-ST go on me, and the silk-screened lettering on a 12 year old 25BP started to come off -- making it look somewhat "tired". In the first case, Bryston replaced the switch and re-bench tested the amp -- still as good as new, spec wise. For the BP25, they put on a brand-new face-plate for me. (Mike Pickett said the lettering shouldn't come off for anything short of an angle grinder.)

In both cases the service was extremely professional, thorough and prompt, and the people at Bryston were very nice about it.

I always recommend Bryston to friends and colleagues looking to buy quality gear. Not only are the products great, and deliver great value, but Bryston also stands behind them completely.

Deftone

« Reply #12 on: 22 Nov 2010, 10:19 pm »
Hi Deftone

It would be about a week to 10 days from order. What dealer and I will watch for it.

James

James,

Got it from the only local authorize distributor here in Singapore.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 22 Nov 2010, 10:41 pm »
James,

Got it from the only local authorize distributor here in Singapore.

Ok thanks - will keep an eye out for the order.

james

larevoj

« Reply #14 on: 23 Nov 2010, 02:03 am »
Hi James,

Could you clarify the manufacturing dates of the following products I have from Bryston?

BDA1-000723
4BSSTr2-005101
MPS2-001146
BP26-000954 (this is taken from my invoice but can't find it on the preamplifier  :scratch:)

Many Thanks!
 :)

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 23 Nov 2010, 02:32 am »
Not sure about all the dates - usually the first two would be the year and the second would be the week.  So 0608 would mean the 8th week of 2006.  That date is given as an example on the Bryston website for the new warranty policy.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #16 on: 23 Nov 2010, 03:08 am »
My 4b st is eleven yrears old and is about two hours a day. No problems at all so far. I swear it's still getting better with more use. Enjoy that great gear;you will never regret it  Redbook. :wine: :weights: :dance: :banana piano:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #17 on: 23 Nov 2010, 03:09 am »
Excuse my poor typing  Thanks. :duh:

Phil A

« Reply #18 on: 23 Nov 2010, 03:15 am »
My 4b st is eleven yrears old and is about two hours a day. No problems at all so far. I swear it's still getting better with more use. Enjoy that great gear;you will never regret it  Redbook. :wine: :weights: :dance: :banana piano:

Unfortunately I can't say the same for me :green:  I just bought a used 3BST for the left and right channel of the bedroom system HT.  My 14BSST and 6BSST are probably about 7 years old.  I bought each when they were less than a year old.  Not that I would, but I probably could sell them today for around what I paid for them.  There's not too many things you can do that kind of thing with.

larevoj

« Reply #19 on: 23 Nov 2010, 03:42 am »
Not sure about all the dates - usually the first two would be the year and the second would be the week.  So 0608 would mean the 8th week of 2006.  That date is given as an example on the Bryston website for the new warranty policy.

That meant to say the BDA-1 was produced in 2007?? But I bought it in 2010  :o :o that meant to say I have only 2 years left since its a five year warranty?  :?