BDP-1 interferes with Bonjour?

Marius

Re: BDP-1 interferes with Bonjour?
« Reply #20 on: 23 Sep 2011, 07:07 pm »
ok thanks.

I sent the 'reboot' command to it and indeed, the previous version is back alive.

Hope you find something else that could be conflicting with Bonjour.

Greetings,
Marius

Hey Marius

Sorry but any changes done to the file system are wiped out after a reboot.  I will start incorporating the new version of avahi into our beta builds for testing.

Chris

Marius

« Reply #21 on: 4 Oct 2011, 10:21 am »
Hi Chris,

James sent me the latest october firmware, but unfortunately the BDP still kicks my Na7004 out of airplay. Any thoughts on when the new version of the beta builds will arrive? I volunteer to test-drive...really a big annoyance  this is.

Thanks,
Marius

Hey Marius

Sorry but any changes done to the file system are wiped out after a reboot.  I will start incorporating the new version of avahi into our beta builds for testing.

Chris

Marius

« Reply #22 on: 4 Oct 2011, 10:45 am »
Posted to Avahi developers also, maybe described more clearly this time, so I thought I'd repost here too.
Sorry for the inconvenience if any. Hope to make the BDP1 even better then it already is.

Thanks,
Marius

Hi,

My Bryston DP1 uses avahi in its Music Deamon. Works fine on it's own, but when I also stream music to my Marantz Na7004, the Bonjour/Avahi kicks Aiplay out of reach after a couple of minutes.
Avahi version is still 0.6.27, but I loaded the latest .30 onto the BDP1, and unfortunately that did not help.

I did manage to quit the Avahi on the BDP1 and then everything went fine. Problem defined positively and repeatable. We need the Avahi/Bonjour because of the remote control.

both machines are wired to the GB network and have DHCP enabled. they come together in a GB switch which is hardwired to the Router.

Wireless operations is managed through an Airport Express, which serves as a network-extender and is also hardwired to the same Switch. Streaming to this AExpress never flaws, BDP1 on or off.

Anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

Thanks,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 7 Oct 2011, 12:28 am »
Hi Chris,

James sent me the latest october firmware, but unfortunately the BDP still kicks my Na7004 out of airplay. Any thoughts on when the new version of the beta builds will arrive? I volunteer to test-drive...really a big annoyance  this is.

Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius

We've added changes at the last minute before and its only served to byte us in the @$$ after wards.  Avahi will be updated in our next release after we have had a chance to make sure there aren't any other unforeseen issues.  As much as we hope to fix your issue we don't want to accidentally cause other problems either.

Chris

Marius

« Reply #24 on: 8 Oct 2011, 11:52 am »
check,
no need to make last minute changes, but when available please inform us, so I can test BDP-1 compatibility with Airplay. Any other thoughts you might have to test and see whether the problem could be solved are welcome too of course.

Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius

We've added changes at the last minute before and its only served to byte us in the @$$ after wards.  Avahi will be updated in our next release after we have had a chance to make sure there aren't any other unforeseen issues.  As much as we hope to fix your issue we don't want to accidentally cause other problems either.

Chris

Marius

« Reply #25 on: 31 Oct 2011, 01:56 pm »
Hi All,

it's been a while, but I've had to do without my Macbook because of a motherboard failure. Back from repair now, and I must say it's been revealing.....read on please.

previously I streamed Airplay to my Marantz Na7004. Whenever the BDP1 got switched on, Airplay was kicked out  and I had to restart iTunes over and over to see the na7004 in available speaker-options again.

Chris mailed me during the last two weeks, how I was doing, and because of my Macbook being in repair I was kinda busy trying to get my work done on an older Windows machine, so did not really get to answering Chris. Still, something was different...I honestly got the feeling streaming worked a lot better, and I had not experienced Airplay getting kicked out of the air. But, because of lack of real testing time, left it there.

Now that my Macbook is back again, I retried. And after a couple of minutes, yes.... Airplay is gone, with the BDP1 in the On state, whether playing or not. (in the Off state, nothing goes wrong, Airplay plays nicely)

Having just put my Windows laptop in the off-state waiting for another emergency to have to use it again....., I tried my recently updated Ipad2. And lo and behold, streaming works perfectly. No getting kicked out of the air, and playing all morning. Starting and stopping, pausing or changing songs does not break the connection. As it should be. Happy again, switching between BDP1 and Na7004, both feeding the BDA1.

My initial feeling was correct, and even streaming my iTunes Macbook collection through Homesharing from the windows machine to the Na7004 works fine.

Finally I decided to try streaming from my Macbook directly again, and after a minute or so, Gone!

Conclusion: Something's definitely wrong in the way the Macbook, or iTunes on the Macbook, connected to my Na7004 through Airplay, and the BDP1 work next to each other .
But only when the BDP1 is switched On.....To be completely precise, only when actually playing in iTunes. If iTunes is running, but not playing anything (e.g. when browsing the iTunes store), Airplay stays in the air (from the iPad or the windows-machine). The na7004 gets grayed out in the options:

Seems to ridicoulus to be true, but alas it is.

Please Chris, hope you still understand my description, and even more, hope you can find a solution.... :scratch:

Thanks, Marius

Marius

« Reply #26 on: 25 Jan 2012, 01:41 pm »
Hi Chris,

Any updates on this issue BDP1 kicking Airplay out of service? I know you wrote you wouldn't forget, but it's been a while....And having to power down the BDP1 all the time is far from being ideal  :scratch: Hope you resolve this soon.

Thanks!
Marius

btw, any firmware updates going on since

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 25 Jan 2012, 02:51 pm »
Hi Chris,

Any updates on this issue BDP1 kicking Airplay out of service? I know you wrote you wouldn't forget, but it's been a while....And having to power down the BDP1 all the time is far from being ideal  :scratch: Hope you resolve this soon.

Thanks!
Marius

btw, any firmware updates going on since

Hi Marius,

I will check with Chris but we do not seem to be having this issue otherwise?  No software updates since October 2011.

james

JfTM

« Reply #28 on: 25 Jan 2012, 03:04 pm »
Hi Marius,

I will check with Chris but we do not seem to be having this issue otherwise?  No software updates since October 2012.

james

Temporal time warp?   :lol:

Marius

« Reply #29 on: 25 Jan 2012, 03:09 pm »
Hope you will, Chris promised.....And I can definitely reproduce, and identify that whenever the BDP1 is turned on airplay is kicked out every 2 minutes or so. That is, for specifics scroll back. Anyway, Chris 'll know.

Thanks James!

Hi Marius,

I will check with Chris but we do not seem to be having this issue otherwise?  No software updates since October 2012.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jan 2012, 03:12 pm »
Temporal time warp?   :lol:

OPPS :duh:

srb

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jan 2012, 05:02 pm »