36.5 shipping today!

rydenfan

Re: 36.5 shipping today!
« Reply #20 on: 31 Mar 2008, 01:23 am »
I've always wanted a younger brother I could show the ropes to.   :lol:

You'll love the DNA-500 David....but you knew I would say that.  :D

And being the oldest with only sisters, an older brother always sound great  :icon_lol:

I guess with how similar our ears/tastes seem to be in both gear and music I really need to hear some SP Tech speakers  aa

I think the McCormack will fit nicely! Had I had the room I may have been inclined to go with a Pass Labs X250.5 or X350.5  :icon_twisted:

rydenfan

« Reply #21 on: 3 Apr 2008, 11:25 pm »
Sitting here listening to 461 Ocean Boulevard by Clapton I am truly enthralled with the music. Everything just sounds so organic and natural. It is amazing. What a feeling...

rydenfan

« Reply #22 on: 5 Apr 2008, 07:37 pm »
I am pretty familiar with the sound of my system right now, even though the MWI caps still have a ways to go on the 36.5, so I am going to experiment with a different tube setup for the Transporter. How long do the tubes need to be played for before a true evaluation can be made?

rydenfan

« Reply #23 on: 26 Apr 2008, 01:46 pm »
I placed a Synergistic Research Tesla T2 power cord on my 36.5 last night and have been running signal through it for about 12 hours now. I need to give it quite a bit more time before really listening to it. But I am certainly shocked at how extreme the difference is from my Black Sand Violet Z1. I am not sure how I feel yet, I will post more once I have more time on it.

IronLion

« Reply #24 on: 26 Apr 2008, 03:17 pm »
What kind of difference did you notice? I'm interested to know your impressions on the two.

rydenfan

« Reply #25 on: 26 Apr 2008, 06:29 pm »
I still need to give the cord a lot more time to break-in so I don't want to say too much yet. But, the dynamics are greatly improved, the T2 seems to have excellent micro-detail ability. The system feels really, really fast to me. I feel like my system just took a hit of crack or something  :lol: However, this may settle down a little with some more time. The transparency and detail are phenomenal on this cord. However, I feel my system has gone somewhat too linear and focused. I dont have quite the warmth I had before. I do think it is a combination of things though. Right now I have the T2 on the 36.5, the LessLoss on the TP, and a Mullard 5AR4 Rectifier and RCA Cleartop 6CG7's in the TP, so this is pretty much the most detailed sterile combination possible I believe. I may need something like a 5U4G or GB rectifier to round things out and bring a little life back. But I do not want to change anything else while trying to evaluate this cord or I will have no idea what I truly think of it. I will add more once the cord has around 100 hours on it.

IronLion

« Reply #26 on: 26 Apr 2008, 06:42 pm »
Thanks for the info rydenfan, please let us know how things sound.  I'll be trying out a fancy version of the new Violet ZII on my Transporter in about a week or so, will let people know how it sounds on it but I can only compare it to the stock cord and the Zu Mother. 

jaspal kallar

« Reply #27 on: 30 Apr 2008, 06:28 pm »
rydenfan, looking at your system it's alot different to mine but we have the same SC (Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator,Bi-Wire) and IC (Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator).  One of next steps was to get power cord and of course I was thinking about the T2. However, I was also curious about Lessloss power cord.  So your comments will be interesting to me.

jaspal

rydenfan

« Reply #28 on: 30 Apr 2008, 07:42 pm »
rydenfan, looking at your system it's alot different to mine but we have the same SC (Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator,Bi-Wire) and IC (Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator).  One of next steps was to get power cord and of course I was thinking about the T2. However, I was also curious about Lessloss power cord.  So your comments will be interesting to me.

jaspal

Jaspal, I will not be comparing the T2 to the LessLoss as the T2 will be on my 36.5 and the LessLoss will be on my Modwright TP.

I can say, I think I ever so slightly prefer the Synergistic T2 over the Black Sand Violet. I felt the T2 had a touch better detail and wider soundstage. It helped to make my speakers disappear more. It was very, very close and would be totally happy with either. At this point I am going to keep the T2 on so it can reach full break-in and then A/B them again.

modwright

« Reply #29 on: 2 May 2008, 01:50 pm »
Just finished the High End 2008 show in Munich and FWIW, we used ALL LessLoss AC power cords in the room.  The only exception being the Cardas custom cord between the wall and Running Springs Jaco AC line conditioner.  We also experimented with AC phase (easy to do with Euro plugs) and found the obvious CORRECT orientation.

I have, admittedly, not compared the LessLoss power cables to a lot of others, but I can say that for what they are being sold for right now, they are a TRUE bargain.  I met the designer of LessLoss power cables in Munich and we discussed some of the design elements and treatments that the product undergoes during its manufacturing process.  The proprietary aspects weren't discussed, but lets just say that this is a truly ENGINEERED product and the result of much R&D and critical listening.  They have a permanent home in MWI's reference system, particularly at source and preamp!

Thanks,

Dan W.

rydenfan

« Reply #30 on: 4 May 2008, 04:36 pm »
Well, I can know 100% say that the tube upgrade in the 36.5 was a major success. How can I be so sure? Because my wife heard the difference  :lol:  As soon as she sat down last night while I was listening to something, she looked over at me and asked what I had changed? I of course asked why? And she responded that everything sounded warmer and richer (her words). She said she really enjoyed how everything sounded now.  I explained to her I had simply put some new tubes into the pre-amp, she seemed both surprised and pleased (maybe because she expected a more expensive answer???)  :rotflmao:

Anyway, in my system, The Mullard 5AR4 and the 6H30 DR's are a significant refinement over the stock tubes.