Is it okay to use the Spark as a power amp with a Rogue Audio Pre-amp?

AvsFan

Just wondering if this would be okay.

I don't see why not but before I buy it, want to make sure it is a good combination.

Bemopti123

The only thing that I can think would be an issue is the voltage that you would put in one of those inputs.  The inputs have a certain set limit and perhaps the preamp output gain would overload the input.  And on top of that, you might not able to obtain enough gain to take advantage of the amp section. 

AvsFan

The only thing that I can think would be an issue is the voltage that you would put in one of those inputs.  The inputs have a certain set limit and perhaps the preamp output gain would overload the input.  And on top of that, you might not able to obtain enough gain to take advantage of the amp section.

That makes sense. Too bad they don't offer the spark as just a power amp option.

RDavidson

Where compatibility is concerned one really needs to think of the system as a whole versus pieces. So, going down the path of either needing more gain or having too much gain, really boils down to the speakers you're trying to drive and how loud you want to drive them. What speakers are you using? I would assume they're highly efficient and an easy/simple load, per your amp choice.

AvsFan

Where compatibility is concerned one really needs to think of the system as a whole versus pieces. So, going down the path of either needing more gain or having too much gain, really boils down to the speakers you're trying to drive and how loud you want to drive them. What speakers are you using? I would assume they're highly efficient and an easy/simple load, per your amp choice.

ZU Audio Dirty Weekends. 12ohm and 97db.