*SOLD* TAL Korneff 45 amp clone with headphone jacks and tube cage

strhd07

TAL (Tube Audio Lab) Korneff 45 clone, with spiffy headphone jacks, both single-ended and balanced, and nice tube cage to keep everything safe and cozy. Uses a pair of 45 tubes, two 6SN7s, and a 5U4. I was told by original owner, the guy who sold me the amp, you can use a 5R4, too, but I never did. Switch on top toggles between speakers and headphones. Switch on faceplate toggles between balanced and single-ended jacks.

There's something, actually a lot of something, about a 45 tube. Over the years, I've worked my way down the SET food chain from 300Bs to 2A3s to 45s, and if your speakers (or headphones . . . I can't tell you anything about that since I live can-less) are up--or down--to the power available, you'll reach the end of your search for musical jollies. At least, I did. Since I got my hands on a Jeff Korneff original, it's time to let someone else enjoy this. Original owner told me he paid TAL $2,500 for the amp with custom features. Amp is in excellent shape and will be carefully packed for shipping. Local pickup in 23061 is welcome.

$1,350 plus shipping and 3% for Paypal.

« Last Edit: 4 May 2018, 08:56 pm by strhd07 »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: TAL Korneff 45 amp clone with headphone jacks and tube cage
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2018, 10:04 pm »
Nice amp, Min amps have good sound.
I suppose one can use 2A3 in this amp too.
The 4 pin HPs balanced output is a great feature,
balanced HP outputs have much better sound than banana jacks.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Its MINE!!!! Hahahahahaha (evil genius laugh!)

In all seriousness though - Mark has been a pleasure to deal with.