How to cook my favorite food King Crab

F-100

Re: How to cook my favorite food King Crab
« Reply #20 on: 8 Jun 2007, 05:43 pm »
Cover the pot-you can also preheat the pan/liquid in the pot in the oven while the oven is coming up to temp-just add a little more liquid

If you cover the pot and put it in the oven, would that be the same as boiling it on the stove??  :scratch: :scratch:

eric the red

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jun 2007, 05:49 pm »
Cover the pot-you can also preheat the pan/liquid in the pot in the oven while the oven is coming up to temp-just add a little more liquid

If you cover the pot and put it in the oven, would that be the same as boiling it on the stove??  :scratch: :scratch:
No you're only adding a cup of liquid-it's basically a crab steam bath in your oven-for some unexplainable reason the crab tastes better cooked this way than steaming it in a pot on top of the stove. It's like for some reason expensive PCs sound better than stock PCs...think of it as the clever little clock for crab 8)

F-100

« Reply #22 on: 8 Jun 2007, 05:56 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try this technique next time on some unlucky crabs.  :lol:

What kind of beer do you use? Budweiser or Microbrew?? I bet Microbrew will make the crabs taste better.  :)

eric the red

« Reply #23 on: 8 Jun 2007, 06:06 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try this technique next time on some unlucky crabs.  :lol:

What kind of beer do you use? Budweiser or Microbrew?? I bet Microbrew will make the crabs taste better.  :)

JoshK

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jun 2007, 07:06 pm »
Does the screen hold the crab out of the liquid(beer)?  Or is it only to hold the crab off the bottom of the pan?

Or, and these instructions are for pre-cooked crab you get in the stores right?

eric the red

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jun 2007, 08:15 pm »
Does the screen hold the crab out of the liquid(beer)?  Or is it only to hold the crab off the bottom of the pan?

Or, and these instructions are for pre-cooked crab you get in the stores right?
The screen holds the crab off the bottom of the pan above the liquid about 1 inch and usually comes standard with a roasting pan. Yes all the king crab you buy at stores is precooked before it is frozen. I just got back from Safeway with four more pounds :green: