Update...Price Increases and News

maplemusic

Re: Update...Price Increases and News
« Reply #20 on: 4 Mar 2023, 04:12 am »
Had to ask. Will the current prices hold good if an order is placed before March 10? :D

jsalk

« Reply #21 on: 4 Mar 2023, 01:50 pm »
Had to ask. Will the current prices hold good if an order is placed before March 10? :D

Yes.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #22 on: 4 Mar 2023, 01:55 pm »
Perhaps this is premature to ask, but I was wondering if you will continue to be the contact person for customer service and support (which has been excellent in my experience!)?

At least for a while I would guess.  We haven't discussed this yet, but I think it would be a while before they would be familiar enough with our products and operations to handle this.  So my guess would be that I will continue working in this area while Dan and Kerry concentrate on the manufacuring end of things.  I'm sure we'll be working on a strategy for this in the coming weeks.

Dan and Kerry have only been working in the shop for a week now and they have made some impressive moves.  They have placed large orders for drivers and parts to help address supply chain issues. I'm impressed.  They seem to be very good at organizational aspects of business that were never my strong suit.  Great synergy so far.

- Jim

Paul K.

« Reply #23 on: 4 Mar 2023, 02:17 pm »
Jim, best wishes to you and Mary and your employees for the future.  I've enjoyed our association and hope it continues.  There are two kinds of work, "work" work and "fun" work, and it appears you will be doing only "fun" work in the future.
Paul

whitey019

« Reply #24 on: 4 Mar 2023, 03:32 pm »
I wish success and prosperity for everyone. To you and your wife in retirement (semi). To Dan and Kerry in their new endeavor. To audiophiles, in having Salk speakers available for a long time to come.

Saturn94

« Reply #25 on: 4 Mar 2023, 09:14 pm »
At least for a while I would guess.  We haven't discussed this yet, but I think it would be a while before they would be familiar enough with our products and operations to handle this.  So my guess would be that I will continue working in this area while Dan and Kerry concentrate on the manufacuring end of things.  I'm sure we'll be working on a strategy for this in the coming weeks.

Dan and Kerry have only been working in the shop for a week now and they have made some impressive moves.  They have placed large orders for drivers and parts to help address supply chain issues. I'm impressed.  They seem to be very good at organizational aspects of business that were never my strong suit.  Great synergy so far.

- Jim

Thanks, Jim.

I’m glad to hear the transition is going well. 🙂

rlee8394

« Reply #26 on: 6 Mar 2023, 12:24 am »
Jim,

Glad you found a good team to transition Salk Sound. When we spoke at CAF last year you mentioned that you were looking for someone to take over. Now that you will be divorced from the day-to-day activities of running a business, maybe you could write about the cool aspects of speaker building, such as assembly, crossover building, finishing, custom work, streamers, etc. Maybe get back to publishing the Salk Newsletter with those topics. I'm sure there would be immense interest in how you created such a great company and exceptional products.

-Ron

Rocket

« Reply #27 on: 15 Mar 2023, 03:09 pm »
Hi Jim,

I wish you all the best and I'm its great for you to have less day to day running of the business. I've checked out the price increases and most of the models have increased significantly and it would be difficult for me to afford the exchange rate and shipping to Australia. I still have my Song 3's and really like them... So I will cherish what I have.

Best wishes from a longterm customer :).

Cheers Rod

birbygdad

« Reply #28 on: 23 Mar 2023, 01:50 pm »
Jim and Mary,
Congratulations on your plans for transition. The price increases are long overdue. Real design and craftsmanship done here in North America is rare and valuable. I recently visited a high end audio shop and took note of the prices for speakers some would consider comparable to the ones we bought from you years ago (the Salk 3 and the WOW1). Even with the new increases the Salk line is highly competitive with other USA and European brands. All that aside I think your time in the this audio business has been very significant. Reason being is  that folks like you and other independent shops (like Frank Van Alstine, David Belles, Grado, Schiit Audio and others) represent a profound solution for those of us who want good properly priced gear made here. All the best to the new folks. As a fellow older gentleman who has not retired but changed roles, the reality is that you may find yourself as busy as you ever have been!

TheThorns

« Reply #29 on: 19 Jun 2023, 10:48 pm »
Mr Salk. I was fortunate enough to purchase a HT2C center from a member here and still can't believe the quality and sound. I had a cheapy chugger before and thought it adequate, boy was I wrong!!
I read about you moving on from Salk on Audiogon and that's what steered me here. Just wanted to express my appreciation of your craftsmanship and contributions.
I currently have Penaudio Serenade Signatures as my floor standers but a pair of Salks, don't know which yet, are not far on the horizon.
Good luck to you in your new adventures.