RMAF 2011

SoCalWJS

Re: RMAF 2011
« Reply #60 on: 8 Sep 2011, 02:24 pm »
I mentioned it twice in this thread (in the past 2 pages) that it is just a parking lot's walk away, about 5 minutes.  Believe me, I stayed there last year and booked it this year.  :)  And it's going for like $49/night on average

it's the Hampton Inn On Ulster, via Expedia.  It's labeled H on the map (lower right), and the Marriott (RMAF) is labeled M (upper left).  Go out the back door of the Hampton, cut through the large parking lot and you are right in front of the Marriott.

Thanks for reposting!

Ran into a bit of a hitch, but think I have a better setup. Tried booking the super shuttle and found that I would have to sit at the airport for an EXTEDED period of time. Cancelled my previous reservation and rebooked through Expedia. Now have a room and rental car for about what I was paying for the room before, and now I have a bit more flexibility.

I'm hoping traffic won't be too bad and the drive from the airport to the hotel is straight forward.

MaxCast

« Reply #61 on: 13 Sep 2011, 04:48 pm »
Has anyone used the super shuttle for getting from air port to the Marriott or Hampton Inn?
$32 round trip, how often to they run?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #62 on: 13 Sep 2011, 04:56 pm »
Has anyone used the super shuttle for getting from air port to the Marriott or Hampton Inn?

Regular and with the demand, almost hourly.  I've been out there on Sunday morning and there will 3 shuttles lined up and if your Supershuttle is full up there are other companies you can hook up with but of course you pay them.  Bu the Supershuttle folks are pretty good about knowing how many on the list, etc.  They will make other stops on the way to the airport which delays what you might assume is to be a straight shot trip.

MaxCast

« Reply #63 on: 13 Sep 2011, 05:43 pm »
Thanks Pete.

I just got surprised with airline tickets today  :D  so it looks like I'll be going to Denver.
Looking for hotels now.

How long would anyone recommend leaving the Hotel and getting to airport in time?  My flight leaves at 6:45 Den time.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: 13 Sep 2011, 05:49 pm »

The last time I went to RMAF I did it as I felt guilty leaving the rental car parked in the lot for two days as I didn't use it.  I"ll NEVER do it again!  The trip to the hotel was so long as they had to drop off people that were in a totally different direction.  It could've been a one time thing but I will not take the chance ever again.  Rental car it is!!!

MaxCast

« Reply #65 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:02 pm »
The last time I went to RMAF I did it as I felt guilty leaving the rental car parked in the lot for two days as I didn't use it.  I"ll NEVER do it again!  The trip to the hotel was so long as they had to drop off people that were in a totally different direction.  It could've been a one time thing but I will not take the chance ever again.  Rental car it is!!!
yikes!  I was afraid of something like that, especially on the way back to the airport.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #66 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:08 pm »
I'm sure the concierge will get you a taxi so u won't have to take the roundabout local-drop-off shuttle tour.  I'd say the straight taxi/drive to the airport is 30 minutes and then allow whatever u normally do for airport check-in, security, etc.  Me, I get a rental since Rob and I will likely head to Boulder area or RMNP on Sun afternoon, and my flight is not till Monday night.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #67 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:10 pm »
yikes!  I was afraid of something like that, especially on the way back to the airport.

Going to the airport I was fine as it was just from the Marriot but going to the hotel it was horrible as I was on the east cost flying out late as it was and then the drive through Denver wasn't exciting for me.  I just wanted to go to sleep! 

I like easy and don't like being a sardine either though. 

Charles Calkins

« Reply #68 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:14 pm »

I have used the Super shuttle blue bus and was very pleased with the service. One time I used an unmarked shuttle from the airport and that took almost 1.5 hours to get me to the Marriott. Never going to do that again!!!. Super shuttle has a deal on now. $32.00 round trip. On Audiofest site click on accommodations and at the bottom of the page you'll see super shuttle.

Cheers
                                                           Charlie

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #69 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:19 pm »
Hmmm...Audio Circle RMAF carpooling!!  Tell those of us who have rentals when you are needing a ride, and if it coincides then cool, we get like $10 for gas and everyone's happy!!   :thumb:

Arrival: Friday 7:20am (I know, tres early, but the cheaper reward miles-used was worth it)
Departure: Monday 7:20pm 

P.S.  keep in mind arrival times for any of us are estimates, and with the 2011 weather history so far, who knows!   :o

MaxCast

« Reply #70 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:27 pm »
Hell, I'll give the $32 for a direct pick n' drop  :)
Sounds like worth skipping school if your mom has a minivan and enough takers   :P

Arriving in Den 8:40 am Fri
Depart Den 6:45 pm sun.

If anyone is available let me know please.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #71 on: 13 Sep 2011, 06:32 pm »
Hmmm...Audio Circle RMAF carpooling!!  Tell those of us who have rentals when you are needing a ride, and if it coincides then cool, we get like $10 for gas and everyone's happy!!   :thumb:
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'll be picking up my rental somewhere around 11 AM on Friday, and can  easily swing back to the airport if somebody is there about that time and get them to the Tech Center. Not quite sure about the departure time on Sunday - probably between 3 and 4 PM depending on traffic/weather and what I find out about how long it takes to get through DIA security.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #72 on: 14 Sep 2011, 03:09 pm »
So who is arriving at 3:20 PM Friday and want to split a cab with me?

JohnR

« Reply #73 on: 14 Sep 2011, 03:12 pm »
Cab... sauv?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #74 on: 14 Sep 2011, 03:19 pm »
Cab... sauv?

That's good too.  I will have some.  Cab meaning Taxi.

MaxCast

« Reply #75 on: 14 Sep 2011, 04:25 pm »
So who is arriving at 3:20 PM Friday and want to split a cab with me?

If I'm still there I will   :P

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #76 on: 14 Sep 2011, 04:27 pm »
I just got surprised with airline tickets today  :D  so it looks like I'll be going to Denver.

Great....looking forward to meeting you Rich.... :thumb:

ONE Month to go....  :beer:

Entertainment...has been posted... 8)

http://audiofest.net/2011/entertainment.php?Sid=88bbd7b76bdb141173a9cf1b8f899e4f

http://www.deanpeer.com/

richidoo

« Reply #77 on: 14 Sep 2011, 06:10 pm »
+1 for SuperShuttle. I've used it for 3 round trips. The best thing is who you meet there. In those six runs I met a professor of biology back from 3 years researching wildlife in Africa, a Benchmark engineer, the entire Kimber crew, and even Steve McCormack! The shuttle is funnest part of the show! ;) Thanks for the discount tip, Charlie.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #78 on: 15 Sep 2011, 12:02 am »
What's the temperature like in mid October?

cheers,

AJ

pansixt

« Reply #79 on: 15 Sep 2011, 12:38 am »
AJ- Mostly between 50 and 70 and stellar.

Although I've seen it snow in September and October on the Front Range.
But take heart because it is usually 60 degrees or warmer the next day and gone.

My favorite time of year. That is why I am spending a week in Colorado Springs.
I'll cruise up Friday and Saturday for the show. Hope to see you.

James