Old Dyna Pat5 Omegastar + one kit unbuilt

usaman

Old Dyna Pat5 Omegastar + one kit unbuilt
« on: 20 Aug 2023, 10:11 pm »
I have 2 dynaco Pat5 bifets sitting around collecting dust.
One is completly working, modified to the Omegastar and i enjoyed it for many years while the other one is not converted over.
The 2nd one is all dynaco bifet but i also have Franks Omegastar conversion kit with receipt and all the extras possible. I had planned on converting it like the first.  It was going to be one of my sons until he decided to go the passive preamp route.

Any idea what their value might be as both were working fine when i put them to bed many years ago?

aln

Re: Old Dyna Pat5 Omegastar + one kit unbuilt
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2023, 11:51 am »
There’s one for sale on ebay for 300.

usaman

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2023, 02:08 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up but i'm not too sure about that being one of Frank's.
There doesn't appear to be any type of AVA badge or sticker that Frank would have put on. 
MY pat5's have the silver faceplate and they both have the jack plate.
My invoice just for franks conversion kit, of the pat5 OmegaStar with the jack plane, shipping and tax totaled at $534.
I would think that the anticipated enjoyment of building a fine piece of equipment would at least justify the original cost.

aln

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2023, 02:35 pm »
They also do not show the interior of the preamp which would tell for sure if its a Van Alstine.  Good luck!

usaman

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2023, 02:57 pm »
 :thumb:

Absolutely!!  An inside chassis Pic would confirm it in a heartbeat to anyone that has followed Franks work.