Isolators under Omega speakers?

Ben1248

Re: Isolators under Omega speakers?
« Reply #20 on: 8 Aug 2018, 03:05 am »
Hi Jorge,

I can only say that the soundstage seems to be more "free" and less "constraint". If this is achieved by raising the speakers by 3 inch and/or the de-coupling of the iso acoustic stand I don't know. Maybe 20% height and 80% the stands? I enjoy this hobby since 10 years and have done some major and many small changes. My wife and I can hear differences of the power supply for the DAC or how the music is directed to the streamer (Auralic Aries femto: best is wifi; than SSD with Regen, worse is SSD direct). Since I noticed similar changes by changing the power supply of the DAC, I would think the difference are mainly due to the stands.

But you are right the brain can trick us. It is an interesting and very complex hobby to get good sound.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #21 on: 8 Aug 2018, 03:15 am »
if you think it's just the raising of the speaker's height then get a thick book and place it under the speakers to see if you get the same effect.

if it does i'm sure isoacoustics would refund your money to keep you quiet. :D I think if this was the case it would have been out long ago.

Jorge

« Reply #22 on: 8 Aug 2018, 12:51 pm »
Fair test from Marvda. I know there are hundreds of magic little tricks that can help to enjoy the sound. But talking about this particular, a book o something similar to rise the speaker might have similar effect. If not, well, then you have something really good to improve your sound.

When it comes to these tricks I ask always myself the same question: don´t you think if a speakers manufacturer knows that by using such isolators their speakers sound better, he would use them or recommend them out from the box???? and those devices will be common and extended to everybody? Just thinking loudly.

I believe spikes supplied by Louis do the job, but if I hear from the manufacturer that his speakers sound much better in every room with those isolators, I will thing about them obviously.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #23 on: 8 Aug 2018, 01:13 pm »
I know there is an amp or turntable manufacturer that ship his with the gaia's.  i'll have to find out who it is.

this is from stereophile:

"I first became aware of IsoAcoustics at the 2015 Montreal Salon Son et Image, where they had a demo comparing the sounds of two pairs of Focal 906 loudspeakers on Focal floor stands: one set rested on IsoAcoustics Aperta speaker stands; the other speakers were raised on laminated wood blocks, to match the height. All speakers were at the same height, with the same distance between the speakers of each pair. The results were impressive; the speakers on the Aperta stands evinced, to quote my show report, "a general tightening of the bass and less smearing in the midrange, and even the treble." I made a mental note to keep an eye on IsoAcoustics, and to review their products when the opportunity presented itself. "
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/isoacoustics-gaia-loudspeaker-isolation-feet#CDDvV753Hl3vHZ9d.99

happyrabbit

« Reply #24 on: 29 Aug 2018, 01:51 am »
 :green:  I would shocked if you didn’t notice a difference..

Dwight

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #25 on: 29 Aug 2018, 02:08 am »
Anyone would test placing the enclosure direct on the floor and inform me how much the bass will increase?
Thanks