Hot Deal from Tower Records - 10 CD's for $10

Tirade

« on: 23 Aug 2005, 06:40 pm »
Add $10 more and get free shipping. Hope this helps you guys out.

http://www.towerrecords.com/promo.asp?page=Tower%20Collections%201&oldid=e588844774f5a27e77

Trichromes : Trichromes and Dice With The Universe
Grateful Dead drummer Bill Kreutzmann and Journey guitarist Neal Schon have hooked up with Sy Klopps, Ira Walker, and Ralph Woodson to form a brand new band named THE TRICHROMES. Their first single DICE WITH THE UNIVERSE, was co-written by long-time Grateful Dead lyricist ROBERT HUNTER.

Gary Stier : Albatross
Fans of John Mellencamp will appreciate the all-American rock 'n' roll of vocalist and guitarist Gary Stier. Songs like "Coming Up Roses," "Miss America" and "Fool Enough" are full of hooks that will keep you humming the tunes long after the CD player stops.

Lee Rocker : Bulletproof
On this solo release, Stray Cats founding bassist Lee Rocker proves he's a legend amongst rockabilly fans. Bulletproof received outstanding reviews Nationwide, and to date is considered amongst the better rockabilly albums you'll find. Any true fan of the Stray Cats or rockabilly at all will keep this record in their collection for years and years to come.

Alex de Grassi : Now and Then: Folk Songs For The 21st Century
A Grammy finalist, Alex de Grassi is considered one of the world's top fingerstyle, steel-string acoustic guitarists. NOW AND THEN: Folk songs for the 21st Century is a solo guitar recording featuring contemporary arrangements of 11 treasured tunes from the American standards repertoire.

Push Stars : Paint The Town
The Push Stars have a rare ability to write timeless songs, with lyrics it seems everyone can relate to. Fans of Matchbox Twenty, Barenaked Ladies, and Goo Goo Dolls will definitely enjoy The Push Stars.

Cowboy Mouth : Uh Oh
Cowboy Mouth is a rock and roll orgasm that dares to celebrate the fact that we are all alive. That infectious energy is captured on the radio friendly Uh Oh with smart (often comedic) lyrics : wrapped together by throaty harmonies and a powerful instrumentation.

Peter Frampton : NOW
Like the best of Frampton, NOW is music for the ages. Frampton says, "It's me doing what I want to do, for the first time in nine years." Peter received a lot of positive reviews in support of this album, most notably for his cover of George Harrisons "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

Sammy Hagar : Not 4 Sale
On the eve of reaching an age when most people are thinking about settling down and enjoying some well-deserved rest and relaxation, Sammy Hagar shows no signs of letting up. As the California native begins his third decade of making music and performing for his legions of fans all around the world, on Not 4 Sale, he simply continues to do what he does best, rock!

Settie : Settie
Singer-songwriter Settie, debuts with a collection of pop-friendly tunes. Fans of Melissa Ethridge and Sheryl Crow will enjoy this album.

Pete Sears : Long Haul
Pete's resume reads like a 'Who's Who' of the sixties. He's worked with everyone from Jimi Hendix and the Grateful Dead to Cream and Santana. Long Haul is a piano driven album, with guest performances from Charlie Musselwhite, Shanna Morrison, Wavy Gravy and a special song co-written with John Lee Hooker.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2005, 07:42 pm »
Just saw Cowboy Mouth a couple weeks ago in Salt Lake City(for the 2nd time)...they are great!  Lots of fun and a very energetic group.

Tirade

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2005, 07:46 pm »
My brother and I are both music lovers and his borthday is coming up soon so Im going to take him to this local event thats coming up in Sept. He was recently injured in an accident and hasnt been out much but the list of bands playing is too much for him to pass up.

http://www.bigspringjam.org/page-bands/bands-frame.html

Tim

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2005, 08:26 pm »
Tirade,

Thanks for the information.  I was looking to buy a Django Reinhardt CD anyway.  Now I have 10 more CD's for 9.99.  Thanks.

JoshK

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2005, 08:43 pm »
Yes indeed, thanks for the heads up.  I ordered this as well.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2005, 10:26 pm »
super deal...thanks for the tip-off, Tirade Tim!

Free shipping on $20, too, wow! Thx again.

Tirade

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:23 pm »
Youre welcome guys, I ended up placing an order yesterday as well and then I added a few of the .99 garage sale CD's they had to my order and a few other odds and ends to make $20. Ill end up getting about 15 CD's for $20 shipped.

Tirade

« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2005, 03:01 pm »
My order shipped on Wed from CA via the free ground shipping, and its arriving today in AL. Ive never received 2 day ground service from CA before.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2005, 03:11 pm »
It's coming from Sacramento to me (about 2 hours away) and it's taking the same 2 days via DHL and USPS.

Odd, huh?

Tirade

« Reply #9 on: 26 Aug 2005, 03:12 pm »
Very odd, here is my tracking info. I assume this means its out for delivery.

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?ShipmentNumber=75041586023

TheChairGuy

« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2005, 05:17 pm »
Tim, Don't be too sure of that...DHL lookslike it's the carrier to you rlocal area, then the USPS picks it up from there.  

So, you're probably looking at an extra day to receive - that's what happened to me. I ordered on Tuesday, it went out from Tower on Wednesday - when I tracked it on DHL it was in their nearby facility Thursday morning - so I assumed next day delivery was at hand (Thursday PM delivery).  Not to be - it was then send over to USPS nearby facility and it SHOULD be delivered today.

Pretty odd - don't know why both carriers are involved.  Especially as for certain overnite shipments, USPS is partnered with FEDEX.  Strange choice of bedmates on this one.

Nonetheless, 3 biz days to East Coast is sure good - especially with free shipping.  :)

Tirade

« Reply #11 on: 26 Aug 2005, 05:28 pm »
Looks like youre right as now its been updated that it was taken to the local USPS location. Looks like Ill get it tomorrow since USPS goes out on Saturdays. Thats still pretty sweet, especially since shipping was free.

Tim

TheChairGuy

« Reply #12 on: 27 Aug 2005, 02:28 am »
Mine are here - 13 beauties for $23.47 landed.

Thx again, Tirade Tim :!:

Tirade

« Reply #13 on: 27 Aug 2005, 04:32 am »
Turns out mine wont be here until tomorrow. Oh well, I needed something to do this weekend anyway.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #14 on: 27 Aug 2005, 03:43 pm »
Interesting info on 33rd Street Records - the distributor of the 12 CD's for a $1.00 deal going on.  It's owned by Tower Records....

http://www.33rdstreet.com/concept.html

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #15 on: 27 Aug 2005, 03:53 pm »
Quote from: TheChairGuy
Interesting info on 33rd Street Records - the distributor of the 12 CD's for a $1.00 deal going on.  It's owned by Tower Records....

http://www.33rdstreet.com/concept.html
Thanks John...good links to read as well ! Promo's for everybody.... :rock:

Brad

« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2005, 01:26 pm »
I went a little overboard on the Tower deal - got free 2nd day air shipping though.

I picked up a bunch of recommendations you guys have made lately.

Iron and Wine
Black Label Society
Dillinger Four
The new Eric Johnson
Best of EmmyLou Harris

I was also very happy to see that Tower is a good source of NEW vinyl.  I got Dillinger Four on CD and vinyl....

Thanks again for the tip.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2005, 05:43 pm »
Brad,

I just finished going over all 10,133 non-classical vinyl records.  10 LP's for $100.98 for free 2nd day FEDEX! :mrgreen: I missed on LP's untill you mentioned it.

Thanks

Tirade

« Reply #18 on: 31 Aug 2005, 01:57 am »
I just got a chance to listen to a few of the CD's from the $10 package tonight and I must say Im impressed.

Some of these CD's are downright excellent.

Tim

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2005, 04:08 am »
I went a little overboard on the Tower deal - got free 2nd day air shipping though.
    I just finished going over all 10,133 non-classical vinyl records. 10 LP's for $100.98 for free 2nd day FEDEX!
    [/list:u]
      Glad I'm not the only one going overboard. Picked up the Tower Collection as well, and more Concord Jazz cd's (on sale)....couldn't resist that  free 2nd. day FedEx shipping..... :lol: [/list:u]