matching speakers amps - Triangle Comete EZ

Amirghaly

matching speakers amps - Triangle Comete EZ
« on: 15 Jan 2020, 02:03 pm »
Hello Guys,
I recently bought a couple of Triangle Comete EZ, and I'm really struggling with pairing them with a suitable amplifier.
I looked into every forum and the information makes you go in circles.
I'm searching for an integrated SS amp with enough juice to run these babies, with tone control,  sub/preout, preferably with a built in DAC with coaxial inputs.
Looked into brands like: ROTEL, Atoll, Musical Fidelity ( the M2SI), Marantz, NAD, Dayens, IOTAVX, Arcam SA10....etc
What I need is a good amp for around 600 - 700 Euros, that matches the characteristics of these speakers.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Many thanks!
Amir

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: matching speakers amps - Triangle Comete EZ
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2020, 11:24 am »
I really think you'll get better answers in the Solid State circle, but since your post just got moved here let's leave it for a second to see what comes up.

Amirghaly

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2020, 12:48 pm »
Hello Guys,
I recently bought a couple of Triangle Comete EZ, and I'm really struggling with pairing them with a suitable amplifier.
I looked into every forum and the information makes you go in circles, also people are speaking out of their experience with the old Triangles, and I recently heard a demo comparing the old Triangle Signature Theta with the Comete EZ, and I can tell that the Comete is much lower in the treble enthusiasm, i.e. not sibilant.
I'm searching for an integrated SS amp with enough juice to run these babies, with  sub/preout and a remote control for volume and inputs.
Looked into brands like: Creek Evolution 100a, ROTEL, Atoll in100SE, Musical Fidelitythe M2SI), Marantz, NAD, Dayens, IOTAVX, Arcam SA10....etc
What I need is a good amp for around 600-800 Euros, that matches the characteristics of these speakers.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Many thanks!
Amir

Amirghaly

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2020, 03:39 pm »
Just posted in the solid state circle.
Thanks!
Amir

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2020, 05:04 pm »
Umm, no, duplicate posts on different circles are frowned upon.  Of course this is simply a mistake on your part and not an effort to spam the site, I'll have admin merge the two.  I would suggest reading posting guidelines.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about;area=posting-guidelines
Thanks, and welcome to AC.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2020, 05:25 pm »
Topics merged

JakeJ

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2020, 09:33 pm »
Here are the published specs from a review in HiFi+:

Technical Specifications

Type: 2‑way, two‑driver stand‑mount monitor with front‑ported bass reflex enclosure.

Driver complement: One horn loaded titanium tweeter, one 150mm natural cellulose mid‑bass driver.

Frequency response: 49Hz – 22kHz

Crossover frequency: not specified

Impedance: 8 ohms

Sensitivity: 90dB/W/m

Dimensions (H×W×D): 400 × 200 × 324mm

Weight: 9.3kg/each

Finishes: Walnut, High‑Gloss Black, High‑Gloss White.

Price: £950/pair

Manufacturer: Triangle Electroacoustique

T: +33 (0)3 23 75 38 20

URL: www.triangle‑fr.com

Judging from the sensitivity rating I would think an amp with about 100-120 Watts per channel should be sufficient.  Just curious but it appears this speaker might do well with a tube integrated amp, is that a consideration?

Amirghaly

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2020, 09:34 am »
Hello Jake,
Thanks for your reply.
Well, The problem with tube amps is that it's big and my future amp should be small to fit in my baggage :)
Looking for a compact amplifier that can match these guys.
And the journey continues......

johndoe21ro

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2020, 09:03 pm »
I'm a Triangle owner and as far as I know, Atoll works great with your speakers! An IN100SE is a good choice! :)