New AV-3

slurve

New AV-3
« on: 1 Jul 2003, 04:17 pm »
Danny

Very interested in the new Av-3 design! Quick question, is it already completed or still in the design process. I'd love to see pics even if in pretty raw MDF, just to get a good idea on the dimensional look. BTW, I still owe you a Criterion review, I am still comparing with some other models.

Danny Richie

Done
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jul 2003, 10:29 pm »
The new A/V-3 is finished, in stock, and has been shipping.

As soon as I get some pretty enclosures here from Brian I will get all the new info and pics posted.

I am really happy with the bass response of the transmission line.

If you like I can e-mail the plans for the enclosure. I designed it to be easy to build, but very effective.

I will also have some plane old MDF test boxes I'll dump pretty cheap too (for the cost of the baffles and grills) if someone is looking for the deal of the day deal.

Brian Bunge

New AV-3
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jul 2003, 12:34 am »
I've got some raw MDF cabinets just waiting for the veneer to arrive.  I ordered the veneer almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.  I called the supplier today and apparently they maple veneer was having to be made.  So the veneer didn't ship out until yesterday.

I'll try to get some pics of the raw MDF cabinets if anyone is really that interested.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
New AV-3
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2003, 05:05 pm »
Danny, I have the MDF cut for a pair and I'm ready to order the drivers/xover parts.  Since Brian is building a pair in maple, I'll choose another veneer...maybe rosewood?

Danny Richie

A/V-3
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2003, 06:00 pm »
I'll get them out to you Hank.

Hank

New AV-3
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2003, 02:42 pm »
Danny, I probably should have asked if you or anyone else would like to see a different veneer than oak, maple or cherry - even something other than rosewood.  Now Danny, padauk may have limited appeal  :mrgreen:

It may take me a while to build 'em - I just got an order for 7 speakers :o

Danny Richie

Cool
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2003, 04:08 pm »
Alright Hank, way to go.

BTW, I hear that you now have possession of a pair of my A/V-2 demo's? Or is a buddy of yours demoing them now?

Also, anyone else in the Austin area that would like to demo a pair of our A/V-2's just let me know.

Hank

New AV-3
« Reply #7 on: 9 Jul 2003, 12:15 pm »
Danny has a teleportation device!  :o
On Monday, I posted that I'm ready to order the new A/V-3 components.
Yesterday (Tuesday), UPS delivered them.  BTW, it's quite a distance from Mineral Wells to Austin.

One day I mention I'm ready to order.  The next day they show up on my porch.  This is eerie.

Call for a vote:  should I send him some money now?  Whaddya think?

Danny, Scott brought the A/V-2's over.  The guy at work is on a business trip.  If he returns this week I'll get him over for a listen.  He's not on the formal audition/review/ship to the next person list, so didn't you mention that someone else in Austin is on the list?  If so, let me know and I'll take them to that person.  Otherwise, where should they go?  BTW, UPS is doing their best to trash the shipping box.  If I need to ship them, I'm going to replace the top cover - it's in bad shape.

Danny Richie

Cool
« Reply #8 on: 9 Jul 2003, 05:36 pm »
Danny has a teleportation device!

That is twice now that you got something from me the day after I sent it.

Mineral Wells to Austin.

Hey I am not in Mineral Wells. I am even further away than that in Iowa Park. It is in the suburbs of Wichita Falls.

Call for a vote: should I send him some money now? Whaddya think?

My vote: you can send it tomorrow, the next day, or the day after that so long as you send it.  :D

Otherwise, where should they go?

I was thinking that you had a buddy down there that wanted to hear them.

You can hang on to them for a while if you want. I am thinking that of that big Austin Texas group you have down there that someone else would like to give them a listen.

If not you can send them back up to me when you are done with them.

BTW, UPS is doing their best to trash the shipping box. If I need to ship them, I'm going to replace the top cover - it's in bad shape.

Figures, they can find a way to tear something up even if you make it tough on them.

I have had the demo speakers packed in wood creates and they have still torn them up.

I had one create in CA with A/V-2's get destroyed and they managed to loose one speaker out of them.

One create came back missing a side wall, but the Criterion's were still inside.  :o

Hank if you can perform any needed repairs to the shipping create it will be appreciated.

Hank

New AV-3
« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2003, 08:24 pm »
Danny, I'll post on an Austin thread or two in the HT Forum about the A/V-2's and see if it'll stir up some interest.  Scott said he thought another person in Austin wanted to listen to them and I also thought he said you knew about it.  Anyway, I just talked to the guy here at work and he wants to listen to them - not the whole program, but he wants a listen and I think they will get him really interested in a pair of A/V-3's.

And, if you'll learn to spell CRATE correctly, I'll repair it.  :jester:

Danny Richie

New AV-3
« Reply #10 on: 9 Jul 2003, 09:18 pm »
Create, crate, grape ape, grape ape.  :lol:  Thanks for the repair job.

Yea, you can let the guy from work audition them, no problem.

But I need his info and a credit card to secure them unless you want to be responsible for them while he has them?  :P

Hank

New AV-3
« Reply #11 on: 10 Jul 2003, 02:44 pm »
Proper spelling of the Queen's good English is a sign of intelligence, proper education, sophistication and gentlemanly deportment.  :roll:

I think I can trust him - he's our sales and marketing manager for all of latin America.   Also, I am not responsible for anything.  Not responsible, not reliable, not dependable, and furthermore, I have no plans to grow up. :hyper: