Starting my N3 build

Captainhemo

Re: Starting my N3 build
« Reply #80 on: 24 Sep 2012, 11:10 pm »
Thanks for the comments guys .
Larry,  I  plan on  doing the center channel fairly soon as they are for double duty,  although mostly  music.  Probably a 70/30 split.  I think I'm going to do a pair of X LS mini's  for a christmas gift for my niece before the center channel. It's tough to start another project right now as I'm   at the top of thekidney transplant list and  could get a call any day.  Once that happens ,  I'll probably be  in Vancouver for 6 - 8 weeks.  Kind of  crumby time of the year  for this but can't really choose when it happens.

I'm just loving the speakers  more and more as I  listen to more  and more  of my music collection. They are so clear and crisp but not at all harsh.  There is so much  detail that I never heard before,  I'm amazed :o
I have listened to a wde variety of music today and they  sound gr eat with everything  thus far.
Watched a movie with my niece last night and  they sounded great  for that as well.
I think the finish  turned out to be a good match for the TV as well.
The  DIY no res seems to have worked well too.   You can put your hand ont he cabinet and feel absolutely nothing.  I have had a penny sitting on its edge  since I started listening to them  and it's still on edge  !

-jay

jparkhur

« Reply #81 on: 25 Sep 2012, 12:15 am »
Jay, call Danny and have him send me the center channel xo kit and send you the drivers. I'll solder the xo and give you a satin black n3s with removable back. You just need to spray it with the black texture.  Drop me and email or just have Danny send me the parts.  If its ok, shipping and that wicked customs is on you ;)

Jon
Mod-   Just send me everything.    Drivers too

Jon.parkhurst@mac.com

Danny- FYI above

oldman45

« Reply #82 on: 25 Sep 2012, 04:09 am »
Jay,  I have been casually following along.  Those speakers turned out nice and you sure got them done quickly.  I hope you enjoy them for many years.  I had the fortune of hearing them at the last show, right after the Super-V's.  Danny disconnected the Super-V's and connected those up to the same equipment, so it was easy to compare the two.  While there was a drop off in presentation between the two sets, it wasn't that much.  They still brought a big smile to my face, just like the Super-V.

I wish you good luck with your surgery.

Jon,  That is a really nice thing to do.

Captainhemo

« Reply #83 on: 25 Sep 2012, 05:33 am »
Jay,  I have been casually following along.  Those speakers turned out nice and you sure got them done quickly.  I hope you enjoy them for many years.  I had the fortune of hearing them at the last show, right after the Super-V's.  Danny disconnected the Super-V's and connected those up to the same equipment, so it was easy to compare the two.  While there was a drop off in presentation between the two sets, it wasn't that much.  They still brought a big smile to my face, just like the Super-V.

I wish you good luck with your surgery.

Jon,  That is a really nice thing to do.
This is going to be quick,  I have to  be up at  5  to head down to Vancouver for  an appointment.
But yes,  I very much agree,  what an awsome  offer from Jon ( I sent you a PM btw). However,  as I explained to Jon,  it's probably not the best time to be shipping a cabinet as I could get a call any day and wouldn't be here  to  receive the package.   On top of that,  shipping would be a killer.  Plus I am enjoying  bilding   the cabinets :)
I really do appreciate  the offer, it's  one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me .  Thank you   Jon :)

Regarding the   N3's bringing a smile to ones face,  I'm glad I can say  I know the feeling.   Hehe,  I just keep  on  grinning !