0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: 15 Apr 2003, 06:49 pm

klaus says i'm crazy

rosconey

klaus says i'm crazy
« on: 15 Apr 2003, 06:49 pm »
i call klaus last night and he calls me crazy-lol
i want to use monos for sub amps -one for each channel of my vmps large sub :mrgreen:
i have extremes for the mains already so why not.
these are the old style cases a friend had so its not going to cost big beans for the conversion.
now if i was going to extreme them then i would be  :jester:

Marbles

klaus says i'm crazy
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2003, 07:15 pm »
For about the same money, you could get the Crown K2.

In fact you could sell the old style Stratoses and pick up a K2 and have a better sub amp and put money in your pocket!

mgalusha

klaus says i'm crazy
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2003, 07:28 pm »
I'm with Marbles on this, the "regular" mono's are about 180 wpc and for a sub you need all the power you can get. Sell the mono's, buy something like a Crown or a QSC and use the money left over for more music. :D

Mike

rosconey

klaus says i'm crazy
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2003, 08:44 pm »
i'm not a fan of fans in amps , my thinking is this-say you had a biamp set of speakers like the rm-x you would use the most musical amps for biamping -who wouldnt want to use 4 monos for biamping -hehehe
my cut off is high also (90) plenty of music still so why not a musical amp.
180 watts is more than enough for each channel(can see another large in the future each at 4ohms and about 360 watts)heck most sub plate amps are only 150watts(class a/b)but they have more junk in them than i want i think i saw a aksa thread doing a sub amp  he doesnt have monster amps.i've been using a 100wpc amp that works better than the 350 wpc  one i tried to replace it with.
also it cant hurt for all amps to have the same sonic signature-even klaus agrees here.
cant over look a stack of 4 mono blocks either-hehehe
the total cost is very user friendly-very.

besides i'll have the most kick ass system at the nut house

Marbles

klaus says i'm crazy
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2003, 08:55 pm »
The Crown does not have a fan, the QSC does, although it can take a new 12 db one that I understand is near silent at almost any listening position..

A stack of Strati would be impressive if that's what your after and certainly having all the same amp is synergistic.

I've been where you are and would still get the K2.

bubba966

klaus says i'm crazy
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2003, 09:07 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
The Crown does not have a fan, the QSC does, although it can take a new 12 db one that I understand is near silent at almost any listening position.

I've used those Papst 12dB fans in computers. They're hard to hear when you've got your ear right up beside them. I don't see how you'd hear them at all in a QSC amp. Unless maybe you were using it as a seat... :lol: