Best deal in the Universe?

macrojack

• Restricted
« on: 5 Mar 2019, 10:25 am »
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305MK2--jbl-305p-mkii-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor?utm_content=grid6-image&utm_source=gearnet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190304

Just happened across this opportunity by chance. At this price, think of early Christmas shopping if you don't need them yourself.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2019, 10:25 am »
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305MK2--jbl-305p-mkii-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor?utm_content=grid6-image&utm_source=gearnet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190304

Just happened across this opportunity by chance. At this price, think of early Christmas shopping if you don't need them yourself.

djbnh

Re: Best deal in the Universe?
« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2019, 11:07 am »

srb

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2019, 03:08 pm »
Most vendors (including JBL-Harman) have adjusted the price to the current $109 w/ free shipping.

If you like the deal, you can likely buy them from your preferred vendor including Amazon, B&H Photo, Crutchfield, Guitar Center, JBL, Musician's Friend and Sweetwater.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2019, 03:16 pm »
More important than the price is the quality of the sound.  The original 305s sounded good, they made no errors (had them here on loan for a week).  But the Mk2s are so much better, much more musical, fresh out of the box.  At first thought I'd made an expensive mistake in buying the much bigger and more expensive 708Ps.  But a switch back soon convinced me of the value in the 708Ps. 

Frankly I could happily live with the 305 Mk2 for a very long time.  They really put any $1000/pair speakers (passive or active) to shame.

jmc207

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2019, 05:17 pm »
What's a good Female RCA to XLR Male Adapter or Female RCA to 1/4" plug to get and from where? What's the best way to use these with a regular RCA preamp out?

OzarkTom

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2019, 06:19 pm »
 :duh:

Forgive me if I have asked this question before. How do these sound at whisper level?

Doublej

« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2019, 07:41 pm »
Not sure. How do they compare to the new(ish) Kali Lone Pines?  Has anyone done a listening comparison. In fairness to both it would be there JBL 306P MkII vs. the Kali Lone Pine LP6.

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 5 Mar 2019, 09:27 pm »
:duh:

Forgive me if I have asked this question before. How do these sound at whisper level?

They sound good. It's only when you want to listen to them loud, over high-70's db's do they "need" internal bracing, when you start to notice the loose and woolly bass.
« Last Edit: 5 Mar 2019, 11:56 pm by charmerci »

2bigears

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2019, 10:41 pm »
 :D that's a dam good buy. I have the Mk1's ,,,,, would like to hear the 2's for sure.  No single end hooks  :D

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2019, 04:11 am »
yea what a deal, and if you have no money only 3 bucks a month for 48 month's

OzarkTom

« Reply #11 on: 24 Mar 2019, 02:21 pm »
Add the Amazon Alexa Echo Dot, and for  a little over $270, this could be one of the best buys around for your second system or for your teenager. My daughter gave me an echo Dot this week.  Guess I  am way behind times.  I am amazed at what it does. I can now play Tune-in radio and thousands of other songs on my system. The SQ is actually fairly decent. This is fun.

Alexa. play the Beatles.

Alexa, shut-up.

ctviggen

« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2019, 06:28 pm »
It's only like that for a while.  Then, to get access to all the music, you have to pay a monthly fee. 

We use our Alexas for all kinds of stuff: controlling lights; timers; alarms; finding the weather; defining a term/word; shopping lists. 

Doublej

« Reply #13 on: 24 Mar 2019, 07:32 pm »
At the moment one can use free Pandora, TuneIn and iHeartRadio through your Echo. If you want to setup a media server such as Plex you can supposedly play all your own content. I have not tried this yet.

If you pay for an Amazon Music account you might be able to upload your own content and stream it from there.

And if you have a networked AVR, amplifier or receiver you may be able to use basic control commands such as on/off, volume, and basic input selection.

OzarkTom

« Reply #14 on: 26 Mar 2019, 12:42 am »
I have Amazon Prime. I searched an album that was on Amazon Unlimited. Alexa asked me if I wanted unlimited for $3.99, so I said yes. And Alexa added it to my account. This sure amazes me. I will keep watch and see if they charge me more for unlimited. Until I get a new DAC and Music Subscription, I am going to enjoy this. :thumb: