Question on adding Gaia II footers to my X5 speakers

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
I have some Gaia II footers on the way to use with my X5 speakers.  Will they install as is or will I need a different size screw? 

sarora9

Re: Question on adding Gaia II footers to my X5 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2020, 05:32 pm »
They come with various size doubleended screws and one will fit. Don't forget to tighten the doubleended screw into the footer with the provided wrench before you attach to the speakers.

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2020, 12:22 am »
You should have no issue with fitting, several options in the kit. Clayton said they just screw in from the top side and it's easy. I had I's on current speakers, putting II's on the X5's. Terrific product

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2020, 12:30 am »
Yes easy install on my M3’s with amazing results decoupling from hardwood floors!

Jprod

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2020, 03:07 pm »
You should have no issue with fitting, several options in the kit. Clayton said they just screw in from the top side and it's easy. I had I's on current speakers, putting II's on the X5's. Terrific product

i have been interested in these. What exactly do you mean "they screw in from the top side "

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2020, 04:39 pm »

i have been interested in these. What exactly do you mean "they screw in from the top side "
I don't have the speakers yet, but Clayton said the feet are threaded through the base to the top. The GAIA's have studs that can thread into the bottom or all the way through the base plate such that it comes out the top, depending on the final height you want. So, thread in top or bottom if that makes sense.