coroent 2 vrs original corenet

Mr Ed

coroent 2 vrs original corenet
« on: 15 Feb 2012, 02:03 am »
I would like to know the differences between Jim's original Coronet and the Coronet 2 kit.
My intrest is because I lost all my hifi gear when my home burned in the fires here in Texas in September.
I had a Coronet 2 kit I built and it was fab.
I have found and purchased a Coronet that looks to be Jim's original product, blue lansing case with printed labling and logo,  on/off swith on the side.

Thanks
Ed

mgalusha

Re: coroent 2 vrs original corenet
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:57 am »
Not certain of all the changes but the original version did not have the CCS, however jim  did post the info on adding it. I think there are some other minor changes but that is the biggest one I believe.

Mike

tubesurf

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2012, 07:27 am »
Cornet 2 uses a larger transformer as well - original Cornet info/manual is still on the website under discontinued items at the bottom of the page.   Sorry about you loss.

poty

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2012, 08:56 pm »
Several small and not very important changes in power supply (like different input socket with power switch and fuse, added serial resistors in B+ rectifier circuit, LED indicators, filter circuit in H+), several changes in layout (like panel mounted RCAs vs PCB mounted RCAs), CCS in the cathode circuit of the last stage (later added even to the first version).

Mr Ed

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2012, 01:49 am »
So basicaly power supply upgrades.
I found the manual and schemo  :thumb:

Cheers
Ed