Royal Virtuoso

Son House

Royal Virtuoso
« on: 1 Jan 2007, 12:08 am »

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting.

I have recently obtained a used pair of Royal Virtuosos (full Corian cabinet) with very heavy Sound Anchors stands. The problem is that there is no bass. Drums and acoustic bass are almost completely missing and there is almost nothing below 100 Hz. I have tried both my Welbone 300B amp and a Linn solid state amp, it makes no difference. My source is a new Denon DVD player. The tone in the midrange and treble seems good and the imaging is amazing.

Any ideas?

Son House

mitcho

Re: Royal Virtuoso
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2007, 05:08 pm »
have you tried moving around the room and check to see if you have bass in certain areas.   Also move the speakers around a bit.   I have a pair and they have LOTS of bass.     

It's a room issue not a speaker.    Possibly the bass waves are cancelling each other out.

Tish

Re: Royal Virtuoso
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2007, 05:42 pm »
Hi, A friend of mine had this problem with a pair of the Reference3A L'integra(spelling?) and we went nuts trying to fix it. We finaly discovered that the speakers were wired out of phase internaly, so we just switched the speaker cables black to red and red to black on only one speaker and that solved the problem! Hope its something as simple as this. Tish