Hemp Drivers

ZLS

Hemp Drivers
« on: 5 Feb 2008, 01:00 pm »
Louis,

Is it possible for you to explain what technical specifications if any a Driver must meet before it can be legitimately represented as a "Hemp" Driver?  Is there a certain percentage of Hemp fibers that the driver must contain? 
    There are several sites claiming to sell Hemp Drivers, how does Omega HempTone Drivers differ from these Drivers?  Are they identical?  I am more than a little confused; I was given to understand that made drivers that were unique to itself and not available to anyone else. 
    I would appreciate any clarification you could provide.

Louis O

• Facilitator
    • http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com
Re: Hemp Drivers
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2008, 10:33 pm »
Hi ZLS,

Thanks and the TT patent is on any driver with 50 to 99% hemp. This cone is 99% hemp as well as an enzyme and adhesive.

My drivers are OEM for me and I have designed many aspects of them as will as the other Hemptone drivers out there.

Hemp Acoustics is not affiliated with me and TT at all. He can't get these cones. They either have low hemp comtent or something else all together.

My drivers are also totally different than the hemptones. The 4.5 has different parameters a different surround and VC. Mine is 19mm vs. 25mm. That is just one of the differences. The basket and cone is the same. Same with the 8" except the basket (totally different). The 8" that they sell is one of my protos.

My alnico is another one and will be available soon.

I wish there wasn't any confusion out there as I have tried very hard to clarify. I put a lot of time and effort into these drivers.

Thanks,
Louis