Colorado Audio Society - any members here?

p!xelPush3r

Colorado Audio Society - any members here?
« on: 21 Feb 2020, 07:21 pm »
Hi, I'm a long time attendee of RMAF, and I'm wondering how many people in this forum are members of CAS, what kind of organization is it, do they have gatherings, etc. I don't have a ton of free time to commit to extra curricular stuff, father of two and lots of hours at work, but it would be nice to gather with like-minded audiophiles and drink old fashioneds.

mgalusha

Re: Colorado Audio Society - any members here?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2020, 09:37 pm »
There are definitely a few of us. One member, Tyson, is hosting a meeting this month on the 29th. I volunteered for March, though I don't have a date yet.

We tend to have gatherings about once a month, some at members homes, some at manufacturers facilities. Both are cool in their own way. It's not for everyone of course but I enjoy them, have met some good folks over the years.

site: https://coloradoaudio.com/web/ColoradoAudio/default.aspx

I'm sure you would be more than welcome to attend a meeting without joining at first, PM me for the president's email.

Mike

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2020, 09:38 pm »
What part of Colorado are you in? I'm in Parker, at least so far as the post office is concerned.

AvsFan

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2020, 09:42 pm »
Wow. This is GREAT info. I too have been looking for like minded people to meet up with and talk... well music and audio gear. I go to RMAF every year. I live in the Springs and would love to meet up with others once in awhile.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2020, 11:50 pm »
Yep, the CAS meeting is at my house this month.  Come on up, the more the merrier.

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2020, 02:57 am »
I'd say we have an average of two meetings a year in the the Springs. As Tyson said, the more the merrier.

Wow. This is GREAT info. I too have been looking for like minded people to meet up with and talk... well music and audio gear. I go to RMAF every year. I live in the Springs and would love to meet up with others once in awhile.

p!xelPush3r

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2020, 06:29 pm »
Very cool. I might have a conflict this month but will try to make it, if I'm open I'll try to make it.

curaven

• KEF 104/2s FTW
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2020, 01:12 am »
Hello all!
I'm new here to AudioCircle, but I live in Centennial.  Not sure about meeting anyone, not for fear of anything 'cept my old lady's wrath.
Now I'm going to go back lurking.
Hope all are well!!

Kray

« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2020, 10:02 pm »
I’m up for meeting fellow Denver/Colorado audiophiles as well. I have a new house and basement dedicated audio room that fun. Had a couple over to try gear but would enjoy to meet some others as well.

Looks like I need to join the CAS!

Anyone is the area is free to contact me anytime.

tonnesen

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2020, 03:54 am »
Hi - I'm also new to AudioCircle.  I'm in Lafayette, CO and planning on joining CAS when the plague goes away. :)  PS Audio has videos on their webpage of some of the CAS meeting at their facility including talks by BHK.

I'm working at home for the duration, and getting back into audio again after a hiatus of 14 years.

My first introduction to high end audio was by a friend and colleague in southern CA around 2000.  Visited an audio store in the LA area, heard a system with a Manley tube preamp, GTA SE-40 monoblocks and Sonus Faber Signum monitors.  I purchased the entire system and was hooked.  Southern CA was a great location to experiment with used gear on audiogon, and I tried a variety of speakers (Martin Logan ELS, Amati Homage) and mostly tube amps and preamps (Supratek, Audio Research, CJ, deHavilland).  Sold most of those when I moved but still have the Signums and some of the tube amps.  Have had some struggles with tube amp repairs, and with the summer heat, I decided that SS makes sense, and I just bought a PASS INT-25.  Also looking for new or used floorstanding speakers, maybe Joseph Audio or Devore. 

Gail T

Elmont

« Reply #10 on: 5 Sep 2020, 10:54 pm »
I had no idea that we had such an active group right here on the front range.. I'm in Castle Rock and would like to learn more about the CAS.. Thanks, Elmont

ssglx

« Reply #11 on: 6 Sep 2020, 02:04 pm »
I'm down in Pueblo and would also consider getting back into CAS as soon as the Covid hysteria goes away; especially for meets in the Springs or South Denver. (was a member for 1 year, but never made it to a meeting).

Was active in a group in NC where we had good fun bringing equipment to a meet to swap in and out. My apt in CO is not conducive for a large group, but I have equipment (Monarchy amps, Tortuga preamp, new ANK EL84 amp) that are easy to transport.

Been having great fun with this hobby for about 50 years now.

Chris

Steven Stone

« Reply #12 on: 6 Sep 2020, 02:46 pm »
I'm a member. I'm hoping for a couple of Zoom meetings before COVID ceases to be an issue...

BubbaJack80

« Reply #13 on: 9 May 2021, 02:09 am »
The site says I have to introduce myself so here I am.

I am out in Byers so approximately 30 miles east of the Denver metro for the uninitiated.

johnkenyon

« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2022, 02:30 am »
Any meet-ups planned in 2021? Bummer about RMAF being discontinued. My son is in LoHi and I would enjoy attending also.

NoahH

« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2022, 08:36 pm »
I am in Boulder and would love to see things start up again.

Dkos13

« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2022, 02:19 pm »
Hello Folks. Introducing myself here. I live in Thornton and am interested in this group. 

sunmountain

« Reply #17 on: 3 Jun 2022, 05:55 pm »
Hey all! Another in COS and would love to meet up sometime!

mgalusha

« Reply #18 on: 3 Jun 2022, 07:34 pm »
The CAS has something coming up soon, Ken told me where but I forgot. I did volunteer to host a meeting, but it's a ways out, he scheduled me for Nov. I was supposed to host a meeting in March 2020...

JCarney

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jun 2022, 12:09 am »
Man, when I was event coordinator for the CAS I booked a get together every month. Slackers these days.  :lol: 8)

JCarney