What's the deal with the "Khartago"?

AJS

« on: 5 Jan 2004, 09:25 pm »
I gather from the Odyssey 'site that it's going to be 110wpc and $750. So, it's just a smaller version of the stereo Stratos with the same circuit topology, or is it something different?

And I'm guessing the Etesian pre is passive?

Ferdi

« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2004, 09:48 pm »
excellent guesses!

There is some more information in older posts in the Odyssey Circle.

rosconey

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2004, 10:18 pm »
same parts as a stratos, just less power and lower cost case

AJS

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2004, 01:12 am »
Ok guys, sounds good to me.

Thx.

AJS

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2004, 01:47 am »
Ok- found some older posts on these 2 pieces. Sorry, I just thought that they weren't available yet, but looks like they've been on the streets since Oct.

Q: can the Khartago be configured into mono later? (ie: would Klaus be kind enough to do it?)  :wink:

Ron D

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2004, 02:16 am »
AJS - the Khartago can be set up as a monoblock if you are inclined to purchase another one at a later date...

AJS

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2004, 05:42 am »
This is good! Thx for the reply, Ron.

zarco

Khartago as a monoblock
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2004, 08:19 pm »
Been running a Khartago configured by Klauss as a monoblock for my center channel for a month or so now...sounds great! still waiting on my Groneberg interconnect and power cord for it that have been backordered..hint hint Klauss  he he

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2004, 07:55 am »
All of the above is correct.  We now have quite a few units out there,  and the feedback is great.  What a value,  if I may say that myself.  Anyway,  it's also true that the unit can be had as a mono pair.  $ 1,500  / pair,  and definitely an improvement over the Stratos.  Khartago stereo wners can send in their unit, buy a second one for the regular $ 70,  and get a pair of monos back.  Also,  because of the smallwer cases,  we already have several customers who went mono blocks for HT  channels,  even though you really can't stack them directly.

Late,

Klaus

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2004, 08:51 am »
Forgot,  definitely look out for online reviews,  probably starting to come out in the spring.