List your System here

Mr Content

List your System here
« on: 15 Apr 2009, 12:50 pm »
Well I thought it would help us to get to know one another if we had an idea of what system components we had.

So............

Linn TT Grace 707 arm, Supex 1000 MMC cart (soon to go under the knife, and be heavily modded)
CD Sony X7 23kgs
Dac DIY Peter Daniels NOS Dac 
Amp DIY Single End GU29/6922 30w ClassA
Speakers DIY B200 Open Baffles DIY Vifa PushPull isobarak subs
IC's  DIY CD to DAC digital. DIY Dac to Amp RCA's
DIY Cat5E Speaker cables

Mr C aa

soundfanz

Re: List your System here
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2009, 10:01 am »

Jungson JA88-D Amplifier
Luxman PD 350 turntable
Garrott Optim FGS cart
Modded RB300 tonearm
Gold Aero DB Signature 45 Phono stage
Rega Apollo CD Player ( about to be replaced with Eastsound E5 )
Lenehan Audio ML-1 speakers
Chord Interconnects

Mr Content

« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2009, 09:58 pm »
Hey soundfaz, interesting amp choice. I have not heard of that amp, tell us more about it  :D

Mr C aa

soundfanz

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2009, 07:27 am »
Hey soundfaz, interesting amp choice. I have not heard of that amp, tell us more about it  :D

Mr C aa

Its a Chinese Solid State amp.
I purchased this last year from a member of another forum I visit, and its the bees knees IMO. Plenty of power, valve like in a lot of ways ( I sold my valve mono blocks to buy this amp ) and I am very happy with it. I will try to post a few links to some reviews:

http://www.jungson.com/content/product_pages/reviews/ja88d.htm

http://www.jungson.com.au/node/125

Chris

Docere

« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2009, 09:49 am »
Source: Sony CDP XA50ES (the last CD-only ES), with LC Audio clock and output stage (each with its own dedicated power supply)

Pre-amp: Metaxas Audio Systems Marquis, optimised by Kostas for line level inputs

Power amp: Metaxas Audio Systems Iraklis, modified for improved reliability and performance.

Speakers: Ambience Ultra Slim 1600

Cables: Kimber 8TC (speaker) and Select (pre to power); vDH The First (CDP to pre)

Various other racks, footers, etc – nothing exciting.

Cheers
Raymond

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2009, 10:19 am »

Source:  Pioneer pds 507 + bel canto dac2
Turntable:  Bluenote Piccolo turntable and phonostage
Preamp:  Bel canto pre1
Amplifier:  2 x N.E.W. 20.1 and Son of ampzilla
Speakers:  Salk Sound HT2's and Nuforce s9's

JayM

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2009, 12:05 pm »
Source: Wadia 6
cabling: Pure Silver Connection...  http://www.pscaudio.com/
speakers: Fostex PM-2. 2-way active monitors where I replaced internal cabling with locally sourced silver cables. Can't see how you can get a better amp/spkr combo for the same $$.

JayM

naggots

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2009, 12:32 am »
Rotel RCD 975 cd player. CDM 9 swing arm Mechanism, Oldie but goodie.
Wadia 170i and 80gb Ipod. WAV encoded, 1900 songs.
Channel Islands VDA2 & VAC1.
Thorens 160 mk2 Modded with Supex Cartridge.
Trevor Lees Audio "Positive Vibrations" Pre-amp with 8 Mullard valves 12AX7
Audio Research VT50.
Cardas Neutral Ref Digital IC.
Zu Audio Libtec speaker cables.
Zu Audio Varial Mk3 and Gede IC's.
Zu Audio Bok and Birth power cords.
Zu Audio Druid Mk4/08 with Modded Duelund resistor and Duelund Silver wire/Mundorf Silver in Oil Caps.
Zu Audio Mini Methods x 2.

Live Music at Home  :icon_lol:

A few changes since then: A much simpler set up now.

Mac Mini 2011 music server, core i7, 8gb ram. 2TB Time machine for backup.
JKMK3, Zu Ash mk3 IC and Tranquility Essential USB IC
Metrum Octave and JKDAC32
Trevor Lees Audio latest pre amp with full Vcap upgrade, silver/silk wire, TKD volume Pots, AgCu RCA sockets.
Manley Mahis with Brimar 1962 12AT7s
Zu Super Druids......with Superfly 16ohm HO FRDs, Mundorf SIO caps and Duelund resistors and Silver silk/oil wire plus Box tweaks.
2 x Mini Methods
Zu Libtec speaker cables, Zu Births power cords + Home made power cords and 2 x Zu Mission ICs.
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2012, 03:14 am by naggots »

Mr Content

« Reply #8 on: 6 May 2009, 08:02 pm »
Nice naggots, tell me what is the tweeter in the upgrade kit, looks like a compression driver. Can you tell us more about them? :D

Mr C aa

naggots

« Reply #9 on: 7 May 2009, 11:38 pm »

As far as I know the tweeter is an Eminence APT50 which Zu "play" around with, same with the 10.3" main driver.

The existing high pass network was a KimberKap and Mills resistor. Zu use Mundorf Silver Oils in their top speakers (Definition Mk2 and Presence) I read about the mod on this forum http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=62767.0

The Duelund Resistor and Silver wire were added as they are supposed to be really good, only cost around $40 for them so worth a try. The results are much better than I would have expected......smooth and detailed without harshness.

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2009, 11:22 am »
Well, I am not going to embarrass myself by telling anyone what standard, off-the-shelf, mainstream stuff I have here in Sydney but I am curious about Mr C.'s speakers if he would be so kind as to indulge us with the finer points of them?
Also, nice circle too, found it totally by accident tonight   :D

Mr Content

« Reply #11 on: 8 May 2009, 01:49 pm »
Hi Todd, welcome to the forum. Its here for all us Aussies. What would you like to know about my speakers? I use a modified B200 Visaton Fullrange driver, in an Open Baffle configuration. This was a 2 year project, of about 15 baffles and then designing a musical sub to keep up with the speed of the 96BD B200. The best way is for you to drive about an hour north, and have bring your CD's, and spend a few hours hearing them for the first time.  :thumb:
Just let me know, and I am sure you will be impressed. There are plenty of pics , but if you want more info just let me know.

Mr C :D

oz_audio_todd

« Reply #12 on: 9 May 2009, 02:03 am »
Hell yeah, give us some photos!   :D  Lets share the love (this goes for any body else who might have something DIY, impressive or interesting (I alas do not at this time   :cry:   )
Just sent you an email too

Mr Content

« Reply #13 on: 9 May 2009, 08:02 am »
have a look at this thread in the aussie forums, there are pictures of my speakers Lenehan Audio ML1

Regards Nig

Mr Content

« Reply #14 on: 9 May 2009, 08:09 am »
Just to let you know, my emails wont be delivered for some time, this PC wont let me get them from ContentAudio, but you can get here while the laptop is being repaired. thejoineryjoint@gmail.com

Nig aa

Adinoto

« Reply #15 on: 11 May 2009, 03:19 am »
Sony cheap SACD/DVD player
Hagerman NOS DAC
Rega P3
Benz Glider L
Hagerman Bugle
Promiteus TVC
Bi amp : Bottlehead Paramount 2A3 for high, no filter;
Chinese generic chipamp for bass with Behringer Ultradrive digital xover
Lowther PM7A with Azura front horn, Fostex T90 tweeter
Old 12 inch JBL alnico driver in 70L cabinet for the bass

Also some other DIY SET I build, just for fun...

Mr Content

« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2009, 05:33 am »
Interesting  Adinoto. Can you tell us a bit about your Bottlehead amp? O am what are you other Sets you have got going. :D

Nigel aa

Adinoto

« Reply #17 on: 12 May 2009, 10:30 pm »
Hi Nigel,

Bottlehead Paramount is 2A3 SET monoblock with shunt regulator and active load in the 12AT7 driver stage. I get them in the kit form. You could check at www.bottlehead.com, very good kit and helpful guys/gals.

Other I have at the moment is EL84 SE triode I build myself. 12AT7 driver, "ultrapath" in both stages, with Magnequest OPT. Tube rectifier, no solid state whatsoever...
Also EL34 SE with selectable Triode/Ultrapath/Pentode operation, again with 12AT7 driver. This one is powerfull enough to power my 83dB Harbeth P3ES.

Regards

WerTicus

« Reply #18 on: 13 May 2009, 04:17 pm »
Lynx L22 balanced professional sound card
Nuforce 8b monoblock amplifiers
WAR Audio Reference One speakers
Rythmik Servo subwoofer with GR research drivers in an open baffle.

home made cables. (though no speaker cable as the amps sit at the terminals)

navi

« Reply #19 on: 14 May 2009, 06:59 am »
Source: Wadia 6
cabling: Pure Silver Connection...  http://www.pscaudio.com/
speakers: Fostex PM-2. 2-way active monitors where I replaced internal cabling with locally sourced silver cables. Can't see how you can get a better amp/spkr combo for the same $$.

JayM

your system is like my old system (Krell KPS20i + mod'ed KRK V4 + Oyaide PA-02 XLR cable) it was the most open and clean sound I've ever heard in a system under $8K. Shame I had to sell it for money. I'm surprised most audiophiles haven't caught on to simple system like yours.