Custom Songtower ready to be shipped but have question.

ricardojoa

Hi guys,
just got am email from Jim that my custom ST are ready to be shipped. Of course i should expect them to look fantastic but i have no clue how they look so i was wondering did you guys waited till the speaker arrive and see the looks or did you guys opted to have Jim send you a pic prior of the finish product so that you know what to expect?

rlee8394

Re: Custom Songtower ready to be shipped but have question.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2011, 05:32 pm »
Jim will usually post photos ahead of time. Here are my custom Song Towers:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95642.0

Go ahead and tell him to post. We all want to see what you've opted for.

Ron

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2011, 06:05 pm »
ricarjoa -

We normally post pictures of just a small percentage of the speakers we produce.  If speakers are a finish we have never done before (or at least unique in some way), we photograph them and post the pictures.  If theuy are the same or somewhat similar to speakers we have done in the past, we do not. 

Taking photos and processing them for posting takes quite a bit of time time and we don't normally invest that time unless we have no pictures of a given finish. 

In your case, we have already packed the speakers.  We would have to completely unpack and repack at this point in order to take pictures.  So it is probably a little late now.  I didn't realize you would need pictures.  Sorry.

- Jim

Nuance

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2011, 06:21 pm »
ricardojoa,

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  No picture I've seen, no matter how professional the camera and photographer was, can capture the true brilliance of Salk's finishes.  In other words, they look way better in person; a camera just cannot capture their full beauty. 

With that said, I do ah...ahem...expect to see pictures of them upon arrival, of course. :D

vermont99

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:12 pm »
Never seen my HT3’s or HTC-2 until last Friday when I opened them I was blown away the were unbelievable I love the way look.   :) :D

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:13 pm »
Were they a darker veneer?  I may have seen them Thursday at the shop.  Looked great to me as well as those smokey gray HT2's.

Lots of very cool speakers moving through the shop.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:20 pm »
Jiim

What about some pics of the factory at various stages?

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:30 pm »
Jiim

What about some pics of the factory at various stages?

Good idea!  I'll have to put that on my "when I get time to do it" list.  So it might be a while (but I'll eventually get around to it).

- Jim

advanced101

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:42 pm »
Bahhh I can't wait! :D

ricardojoa

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:49 pm »
ricarjoa -

We normally post pictures of just a small percentage of the speakers we produce.  If speakers are a finish we have never done before (or at least unique in some way), we photograph them and post the pictures.  If theuy are the same or somewhat similar to speakers we have done in the past, we do not. 

Taking photos and processing them for posting takes quite a bit of time time and we don't normally invest that time unless we have no pictures of a given finish. 

In your case, we have already packed the speakers.  We would have to completely unpack and repack at this point in order to take pictures.  So it is probably a little late now.  I didn't realize you would need pictures.  Sorry.

- Jim

No worries Jim,
i wasnt expecting that you took any pics, i know you have been very busy.
But nothing to loose just to ask you, but in my case ill just have to wait. Is just makes me more anxious though.

ricardojoa

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2011, 07:50 pm »
ricardojoa,

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  No picture I've seen, no matter how professional the camera and photographer was, can capture the true brilliance of Salk's finishes.  In other words, they look way better in person; a camera just cannot capture their full beauty. 

With that said, I do ah...ahem...expect to see pictures of them upon arrival, of course. :D

Sure i will.

charmerci

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2011, 05:12 am »
... a camera just cannot capture their full beauty. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stillen

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2011, 07:10 pm »
Congrats on your purchase hope you enjoy them.