who's using what for DACs with the Virtue amps?

jusbe

• vivo media
Re: who's using what for DACs with the Virtue amps?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Nov 2011, 08:16 pm »
A Cambridge Audio CD3 CD player with my Virtue TWO. TDA1541A DACs (4 of them).

Xcalibur

« Reply #21 on: 25 Nov 2011, 05:05 am »
Another Channel Islands VDA-2 user here.  Or at least it was feeding the Virtue TWO until it and my headphone amp ended up in different rooms.  Now it is fed off whatever 50 cent chip does the conversion in my Pioneer TV sadly...... and the TWO still sounds great even under those circumstances I must say.

Rclark

« Reply #22 on: 25 Nov 2011, 07:39 pm »
Well my xda1 is now sold. Using only the erc2 dac. It sounds damn close! Very good!

but room is now clear to step up to something higher up later.

50jess

« Reply #23 on: 27 Nov 2011, 09:24 am »
I'm using a Grant Fidelity DAC-09 as a pre-amp and DAC right now. My setup is very simple, clean TWO.2 being feed from DAC-09 which acts as tube buffer/DAC/Pre-amp for my Piano M1 CD player  (the best) and my Squeezebox Touch which I use a few ways-optical to DAC/Analog to pre.  I may just grab another Grant piece the DAC-11 or stay this way for awhile. My JBL L830's sound absolutely stunning to me. Everyday when I start listening I'm impressed I actually put together such a great sounding system- owe it all to Seth and Virtue. Love the sound of Virtue gear!!! :thumb:
I'm thinking of using the GF TubeDAC-11 with my Virtue 2.2.  Could you describe the sound after the hook-ups?  Thanks. 

Nocturne79

« Reply #24 on: 7 Dec 2011, 03:49 am »
Hey all,

I am currently using an AVA vision dac with my m901 and i am loving it, it sounds very good to my untrained ears heh. 

Happy holidays to everyone :)

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #25 on: 7 Dec 2011, 04:05 am »
I'm thinking of using the GF TubeDAC-11 with my Virtue 2.2.  Could you describe the sound after the hook-ups?  Thanks.
I have rolled in and out, tubes and more tubes and for me with the 09 the GE Red 5 Star tubes were best, hard to explain....the music comes alive a little bit more each thing I do....you'll be using different tubes so I really don't know whats hot out there in that tube size-I don't even know what it is......I may try GF Sabre DAC and keep the tube09 as my pre-amp, makes sense as I can play around with tube outs or SS outs and what ever the DAC itself has....should be fun, good price I think.

HiFlight

« Reply #26 on: 8 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm »
I feed my tube buffer/M451 with an Aeolus Audio magiDAC.   Very nice transformer-coupled DAC that regretably is no longer in production.

wsturner

« Reply #27 on: 13 Jun 2013, 09:02 pm »
I finally got around to doing a serious comparison of the Schiit Bifrost to the Cambridge Audio DacMagic. In my humble but correct opinion, the Bifrost is the clear winner.

Can't wait to see what it sounds like after doing the Uber Analog Upgrade

http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=19

Scott

vonpod

« Reply #28 on: 14 Jun 2013, 07:50 pm »
Schiit Modi, $99
inexpensive and sounds fantastic with the Sensation m901
I'm also playing all ripped music from a Mac dedicated laptop via Pure Music Channel D software (end run around iTunes) ... every little bit helps

wsturner

« Reply #29 on: 14 Jun 2013, 09:46 pm »
$70 for DIY option  :D

Will post again after the upgrade.

I Love Virtue Audio!!!

Scott

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #30 on: 28 Jun 2013, 06:08 pm »
Lol, thanks Scott!  Love YOU too!