Emotiva Audio XPA-2 Two Channel Audio Power Amplifier

Doublej

Re: Emotiva Audio XPA-2 Two Channel Audio Power Amplifier
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jul 2012, 04:26 pm »
You Emo owners had better keep your boxes if you want your warranty honored or don't want additional expense by buying another original box.  I bought two Ultra 12's when they first came out, one was bad out of the box, I sent it back and just decided to go with one sub, the second one recently died, only about 2 years old, I didn't have room to store the box, now I am at a crossroad to spend $35 on a box plus shipping back to the company or forget the sub and move on.  Who knows how long it will continue to work if I have it fixed, by the time I spend money having it fixed plus original cost I may have been better off buying a higher quality sub in the first place, or at least one that doesn't make you ship in boxes only supplied by them.

I am no expert on subwoofers but I read somewhere the because the amplifier is housed in the subwoofer box the amplifier often gets shaken to death over time.

It might be cheaper to take it to a local repair shop if you have one nearby. You could also consider posting to the Emotiva forum to see if anyone knows what typically fails on the unit and then try a self repair.