Accuphase

PeterHS

Accuphase
« on: 27 May 2022, 02:15 pm »
Hi All: First post on this platform. Enjoying the E800 as the heart of a digital system.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Accuphase
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2022, 12:01 pm »
Welcome PeterHS!

The E-800 looks like a mighty fine beast.  What's the rest of the system (including the room) like?

nickd

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2022, 05:06 pm »
That is a beautiful amp.
Always been a fan of Accuphase.
Living in So CA the heat and insane electric rates have pushed me to a cool running fully digital integrated.
There’s nothing quite like 50 watts of pure class A output though. I keep a classic Pass 50w class A stereo amp boxed in the garage just in case I ever get the bug to go back to analog separates.

That e800 is a true work of art. Perhaps not as popular in the US as McIntosh, but deserving of the huge global  respect they have earned with their steadfast quality and uncompromising sound.

Enjoy every minute with that beast.

PeterHS

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2022, 12:44 pm »
Hi JLM and nickd: The speakers are Focal Scala Utopia V2. Aesthetix Romulus CD/ DAC. BlueSound Node 2i. Tara Labs cables. Nordost Qbase. CMS Sotto Voce rack. The room is irregularly shaped, highly reflective, and was professionally analyzed. The floor is 83 square meters, the volume about 185 cubic meters. Treatments on order.