Lead times

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Lead times
« on: 7 Aug 2006, 04:09 am »
Jim- what's the average time from order to delivery nowadays?  Just curious...

jsalk

Re: Lead times
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2006, 12:31 pm »
Rob -

Jim- what's the average time from order to delivery nowadays?  Just curious...

I never like to quote lead times because so much depends on the model in quesiton, the woods and veneers chosen, etc.  But now that we are in the shop, we are slowly getting caught up on our backlog, and our systems are more refined, they are getting shorter.

I was curious as to how fast we could actually finish a pair if we started as soon as the order was received.  Someone recently ordered a pair of base HT3's with painted cabinets.  Since there were no woods or veneers involved, we started the project the day after we received the deposit as an experiment. We finished and shipped this pair in 30 days.

So, right now it ranges from 30 to 120 days, but we continue to try and shorten this time-line.

- Jim

AudioFanKJ

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2006, 12:40 pm »
Rob-

Jim was really "spot on" with his lead time... I placed my order for a pair of HT3's in early April...

However, this pair of HT3's had one or two "unconventional" requests... which involved sourcing of wood and veneer, wire and such.

Also the contrast and/or matching of the veneer with the baffle etc.  All of this involves more communication and potential for delayed completion.

As of last week - I think Jim is shooting to ship my pair near the end of this week.  Given the "4 months or so" quoted lead time - with the MANY,
MANY various emails back and forth with Jim regarding wood & veneers etc. I am ecstatic. 

I don't want to expand too much more - as I may just "jinx" the completion date/delivery now!   :o

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2006, 02:59 am »
Thanks.  Just idle curiosity for now.  I just blew a few grand between my vacation and new projector, but in the fall or winter I might be ready to get some new speakers.  That gives me the rest of the year to decide which ones. :lol: