Great visit, great speakers

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Great visit, great speakers
« on: 2 Jun 2006, 08:10 pm »
Monday

Jim and his wife are visiting in the Twin Cities this week and spend a very nice afternoon with us. They picked up a set of our electronics and gave us sneak preview of Patty's amazing HT-3s (we don't get them until Friday as he needs them first for a presentation). They are the most amazing finish I have seen on a set of speakers yet.

Jim also left me a set of HT-1s to play with for the week. They are very nice sounding, but don't reach quite as deep as our late lamented Biro L/1s. The transparency and musicality is great. I think that is a reasonable trade-off though for a slightly smaller but faster woofer for those that place inner detail and definition as a high priority. Of course in cabinet style and looks and workmanship, there is no comparison. However, I am so in love with the HT-3s that my recommendation is to go for the big ones if you can possibly afford them.

Friday

Jim and Mary came back today and set up Patty's amazing HT3s and we got in another nice visit and listening session.  Now I have two sets of HT3s here for the summer until Patty gets her lower level finished.  She had to wait for the speakers so she can match the decor of her sound room to them.  It will be more than first class.

Jim and Mary are such friendly and nice people, the kind you make friends with right away.  We talked speaker design, music, and whatever.  Patty's speakers are wonderful sounding right out of the box --actually no shipping box at all -- hand delivered from the back of Jim's Toureg with Mary's help packing them down the stairs (my recovering hip still won't let me lift that much).  Such service!

We talked a bit about possibly sharing a demo room at a future regional trade show, something I think would be useful for both of us - - -  and you guys too.

Jim will post photos of Patty's speakers when he get back home.  Me, gotta go back to work now.

Frank Van Alstine