GIK Acoustics NEW Alpha Wood Series

rpf

Re: GIK Acoustics NEW Alpha Wood Series
« Reply #20 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:02 pm »
Really nice!

But I wish you had come out with them a few months ago, before I purchased four more 244s.   :cry:   

My SO would have really appreciated it.   :lol:

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #21 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:03 pm »
Glenn, these are just amazing to look at, very attractive indeed.

I just finished a dedicated 600 sq. ft. space, 20'x30'x10 and own Danny's OB Super V's.

I am going to purchase some products from you soon and these are really nice looking. Can you tell me the best locations and use with a dipole OB speaker. My only restriction is the back wall is the kitchen, otherwise I have an open slate. The mids and highs are what I'm noticing smearing, the bass is actually pretty amazing.

Thank You

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #22 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:05 pm »
Glenn, these are just amazing to look at, very attractive indeed.

I just finished a dedicated 600 sq. ft. space, 20'x30'x10 and own Danny's OB Super V's.

I am going to purchase some products from you soon and these are really nice looking. Can you tell me the best locations and use with a dipole OB speaker. My only restriction is the back wall is the kitchen, otherwise I have an open slate. The mids and highs are what I'm noticing smearing, the bass is actually pretty amazing.

Thank You

Any chance you can email me some pictures?  Bryan or I can work with you one on one to figure out the best plan for your room.  ;)

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:22 pm »
Any chance you can email me some pictures?  Bryan or I can work with you one on one to figure out the best plan for your room.  ;)

Sure Glen, I thought you might say that. It doesn't seem like there's much discussion about OB speakers and room treatment so I thought some people might find it interesting.

I've got some pictures I'll shoot over to you, should I do it thru your website?

Thanks,

Greg

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #24 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:25 pm »
Sure Glen, I thought you might say that. It doesn't seem like there's much discussion about OB speakers and room treatment so I thought some people might find it interesting.

I've got some pictures I'll shoot over to you, should I do it thru your website?

Thanks,

Greg

Yes if you would do it through our website that would be great. Also you can use the following form which gives us a lot of information upfront.
http://www.gikacoustics.com/acoustic-advice/

dpatters

« Reply #25 on: 1 Oct 2015, 06:11 pm »
That would be a perfect place for the Alpha 4A!  Basically mount 2 to 4 behind each speaker, in the same spot where the 244s are now.
Any suggestions on how to deal with the 60" tv?

Don

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 1 Oct 2015, 08:27 pm »
Yes if you would do it through our website that would be great. Also you can use the following form which gives us a lot of information upfront.
http://www.gikacoustics.com/acoustic-advice/

Thank You Glenn,

Just sent over the form with some pictures.

Take Care,

Greg

kbuzz3

« Reply #27 on: 1 Oct 2015, 08:59 pm »

[/quote]

Thats a nice rack. who makes it?

hi5harry

« Reply #28 on: 5 Oct 2015, 10:30 pm »
I did place my order the morning I saw this on AC. What I found out today is I get the very first pair and all the employees signed the box. A first for me and a very nice touch by GIK.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 13 Oct 2015, 01:46 am »
Very attractive! :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #30 on: 13 Oct 2015, 01:51 am »
Glenn,
Congratulations. :thumb:
Just see you ship world wide, thankyou for it.
Its rare a nobull service in US now adays.

Folsom

« Reply #31 on: 13 Oct 2015, 02:13 am »

Thats a nice rack. who makes it?

Anyone with a garage?

dpatters

« Reply #32 on: 13 Oct 2015, 01:43 pm »
The rack is made by A/V Hardwood Designs in Pennsylvania.

Don P.

dpatters

« Reply #33 on: 16 Oct 2015, 01:31 pm »
I just placed my order. These will replace the 244s behind my Vapor Joule Blacks. I'm just trying to
improve the aesthetics since my system is in my living room.  I'll move the 244s to my secondary
system which is in a spare bedroom. Still looking for any suggestions on how to deal with the 60"
television.

Don P.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #34 on: 16 Oct 2015, 03:38 pm »
I just placed my order. These will replace the 244s behind my Vapor Joule Blacks. I'm just trying to
improve the aesthetics since my system is in my living room.  I'll move the 244s to my secondary
system which is in a spare bedroom. Still looking for any suggestions on how to deal with the 60"
television.

Don P.

Don,

I've thought about this before regarding having a TV being out in the open, I have the same issue. The only thing I can think of is to put a frameless canvas painting over it. They are pretty deep maybe 2 1/2" so one could slip the painting over the TV when not watching it, then take it off and set in below behind your rack when you want to watch. Many places sell these type of paintings like ikea at a reasonable cost and I think the only hard part is finding the right size. Other than that I haven't come up with another solution that would look any better that the TV itself.

Good Luck,

Greg

Bill of NY

« Reply #35 on: 16 Oct 2015, 05:38 pm »
Don,

I've thought about this before regarding having a TV being out in the open, I have the same issue. The only thing I can think of is to put a frameless canvas painting over it. They are pretty deep maybe 2 1/2" so one could slip the painting over the TV when not watching it, then take it off and set in below behind your rack when you want to watch. Many places sell these type of paintings like ikea at a reasonable cost and I think the only hard part is finding the right size. Other than that I haven't come up with another solution that would look any better that the TV itself.

Good Luck,

Greg
Acoustimac sell paintings or your choice of image on an absorber that mite cover most of the screen

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #36 on: 16 Oct 2015, 05:41 pm »
Acoustimac sell paintings or your choice of image on an absorber that mite cover most of the screen

Hey Bill we sell art panels also.  :thumb:
http://www.gikacoustics.com/product/gik-artpanel-acoustic-panels/

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #37 on: 16 Oct 2015, 05:45 pm »
television.

Don P.

Thank you sir!  :thumb:

Bill of NY

« Reply #38 on: 16 Oct 2015, 06:23 pm »
Hey Bill we sell art panels also.  :thumb:
http://www.gikacoustics.com/product/gik-artpanel-acoustic-panels/

Sorry dident know that I have 2 of your discontinued QRD's here love em
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2015, 03:47 pm by Bill of NY »

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #39 on: 16 Oct 2015, 06:36 pm »
Any suggestions on how to deal with the 60" tv?

Don
Why not use a thick electric curtain to cover the 60" TV screen? I always though it would be cool to have an artistically designed center opening curtain to cover the one eyed monster. :D It would be cooler still to have it electrically powered thus imitating commercial theaters.

http://www.powercurtain.com/product_CL920A.shtml