Shameless plug (non-Audio)

PhilNYC

Shameless plug (non-Audio)
« on: 21 Nov 2007, 11:46 am »
Revolutionaries,

As some of you may know, I executive produced an independent film recently called UNDOING.  After a long and tough road, we're finally making it to theaters in a limited release!  For 3 days only, we'll be screening at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge.  Hope you guys can come out and see the film!  Here's the relevant info:

UNDOING
Starring Sung Kang, Kelly Hu, Russell Wong and Tom Bower
Opens Friday, December 7, 2007 for 3 days only
Sung Kang, producer Karin Chien, and executive producer Phil Lam will attend the first screening on 12/7 and hold a Q+A session after the film.
http://www.brattlefilm.org/brattlefilm/calendar.html#071207

Synopsis
One year after the death of his best friend, SAM returns to Los Angeles determined to find redemption from the past. His mentor and only friend, DON, is a retired gangster with a parallel desire to leave the former world behind. But as Sam tries to balance revenge with reconciliation, he is drawn into the shadowy world he had left behind. Can Sam undo his mistakes before losing what he came back to save?

“It’s been 10 years since Lee made his last film, “Yellow,” which showed to acclaim at the 1997 festival. His new film is an energetic, visually stunning and absorbing neo noir about a Korean American gangster (the excellent Sung Kang) who returns to L.A. after a mysterious absence determined to rectify the past. Yup, it’s got one of those typically pretzel-like film noir plots, but the film works best as a character study of redemption, and Lee’s direction is confident, bold and just a bit messy and reckless (that’s a good thing).” - G. Allen Johnson, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/undoingmovie
trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2zgChGqawE

UNDOING will also be opening in San Francisco at the Kabuki Theater starting 11/30, and in New York at the Pioneer Theater on 12/05.

Hope to see some of you guys there! 8)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Shameless plug (non-Audio)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2007, 11:53 am »
Congrats on the film Phil.

I will do my best to try and make it.

I know you probably won't have time, but you have an open invite to come on over and hear the systems.

George

PhilNYC

« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2007, 12:01 pm »
George, it would be great if you could make it!

How far are you from Cambridge?  I'm arriving in Boston on 12/6 (we're doing a panel discussion at MIT that evening), and staying until after the first 12/7 screening (have to drive back that night to prep for some events in NYC the next day).  I probably have some time early on 12/7, although I can't stray too far...can't leave my actor on his own for fear of some mischief...  :o

Gordy

« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2007, 12:07 pm »
Congratulations Phil, I know it's been a long time coming!  I realise it's a limited release for now, will their be a Philly screening or run eventually? 

:thumb:

PhilNYC

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2007, 12:44 pm »
Unfortunately, unless we do amazingly well with this initial release, we probably won't do a theatrical release in Philly.  It's possible we'd go on a college screening tour that would include Philly-area colleges, tho....

sts9fan

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2007, 01:13 pm »
Wonderful little theater.  Always on the brink of extinction but thankfully always holds on. 

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2007, 07:40 pm »
Anybody want to go to the screening on Friday and have a beer before or after?

TheChairGuy

« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:04 pm »
Hey Phil - how come you didn't mention this on the NORCal Circle for your San Fran opening November 30? 

Please feel free to do so...I just saw the dates while perusing this New England Circle (I rather regularly follow your oft-thoutful posts so I found it).  Plugs are fine there as long as not audio related.

John

PhilNYC

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:04 pm »
Anybody want to go to the screening on Friday and have a beer before or after?

I'll be at the Casablanca Restaurant right by the Brattle starting at about 8:30 with my lead actor and my producer...

PhilNYC

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:05 pm »
Hey Phil - how come you didn't mention this on the NORCal Circle for your San Fran opening November 30? 

I did... 8)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=47679.0

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2007, 08:08 pm »
George, it would be great if you could make it!

How far are you from Cambridge?  I'm arriving in Boston on 12/6 (we're doing a panel discussion at MIT that evening), and staying until after the first 12/7 screening (have to drive back that night to prep for some events in NYC the next day).  I probably have some time early on 12/7, although I can't stray too far...can't leave my actor on his own for fear of some mischief...  :o

Probably 35-40 minutes away.

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2007, 12:57 am »
Phil,

How did your premiere go?

Sorry I couldn't make it.

George