So if this group is dead...

BostonHighEnd

So if this group is dead...
« on: 30 Oct 2007, 05:56 pm »
...are there any other forums/venues for New England audiophiles?

I went to the Boston Audio Soceity meeting on Saturday at Fidelis AV but the room was completely packed and it was hard to imagine spending 4 hours sticking my head through the door---so that didn't pan out.

IMHO this hobby does seem to be about the mutual enjoyment of music (and the gear that enhances that enjoyment). Being able to do that BOTH in person as well over the Internet is the best. Consequently, geographic forums have much to offer.

Regards,
Patrick

sts9fan

Re: So if this group is dead...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2007, 06:10 pm »
Well I would love to get things rolling some more.  I have a very modest system with not so much room and poorly placed speakers.  What I do have is music.  I would have a small group over if people are intersted and can ignore the previously stated drawbacks.   

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2007, 06:25 pm »
I will have another gathering within the next month.

Hang in there...

George

BostonHighEnd

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:25 pm »
Thanks guys,

I've also offered to host a gathering (with the up-front warning that I'm a dealer (albeit woefully non-pushy) for some of the stuff I have).

Regards,
Patrick

P.S. zybar, are you George in Hopkinton? If so, my son and I dropped by when you were selling your Vandersteens.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:38 pm »
Thanks guys,

I've also offered to host a gathering (with the up-front warning that I'm a dealer (albeit woefully non-pushy) for some of the stuff I have).

Regards,
Patrick

P.S. zybar, are you George in Hopkinton? If so, my son and I dropped by when you were selling your Vandersteens.

Right person, wrong town.

I never did sell the 5As...

George

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2007, 11:59 pm »
I'm still dying to hear(and see) them Salks George, I'll make the trip so long as it's not on a holiday. Let us know and I'll even keep my World Series wardrobe to home.  :thumb:

Robin

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2007, 12:01 am »
I'm still dying to hear(and see) them Salks George, I'll make the trip so long as it's not on a holiday. Let us know and I'll even keep my World Series wardrobe to home.  :thumb:

Robin

Robin,

I sold my Salk HT3's to ctviggen this past summer.

George

beemer

« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2007, 12:08 am »
The door is always open here in Central Mass. Unfortunately my home is not good for large groups, but 5-6 people fit well in the room......there's less space since the Aerials left and the Pipedreams arrived.  :o

Any AC member passing along  RT.2 is welcome.....just shoot me an email.

Best,

Paul  :green:

ctviggen

« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2007, 12:18 am »

Robin

Robin,

George

And sadly they sit, unused in my Home Theater room while I work on other stuff and until I can add wires for my front project and to move the system from one wall to another.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2007, 02:12 am »

Robin

Robin,

George

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: