My Aluminati Mono Core Amps

dpatters

My Aluminati Mono Core Amps
« on: 7 Feb 2014, 02:47 pm »
First of all before I comment on the amps themselves I just want to say that it was a total pleasure working with Matt.  He guided me through the Hypex order and was in constant communication with me through the whole process including follow up after I received the amps and installed them in my system.  I now have about 100 hours on the amps and they are really singing. Fast, transparent, resolving and almost scary quiet. The music seems to just come out of total silence.  I've been told that these amps strut their best stuff after about 200 hours so I can't wait!!

I just updated my system so feel free to take a look.

Thanks again Matt and Jas!  Keep up the great work.

Don P.

PS I like my Auminati record weight also. :thumb:

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Re: My Aluminati Mono Core Amps
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2014, 04:42 pm »
Hi Don,

Your system looks fantastic!! You will be enjoying music for many years to come  :dance:

Best,
Matt and Jas

srb

« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2014, 08:05 pm »
Hockey Pucks and Neoprene/Cork Isolation Pads!

I salute your wisdom and restraint.

Steve

dpatters

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2014, 08:15 pm »
Thanks Steve. They work fine for me.

Don P.

WireNut

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm »
Man I like those loudspeakers  :o What are they   :?:

srb

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2014, 10:38 pm »
Man I like those loudspeakers  :o What are they   :?:

They look like Von Schweikert VR4 JR (and if you click on dpatter's Systems link it says they are Von Schweikert VR4 JR).

fsimms

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm »
That is a very nice looking system.  It looks like you are bi-wiring your speakers with short runs of wire.  I did that last week to mine with a nice improvement in sound.  The wire does look a bit smaller than optimum though.  I am also using too light speaker wire, but I plan on changing it soon to a larger gauge. 

Bob

dpatters

« Reply #7 on: 8 Feb 2014, 10:58 am »
That is a very nice looking system.  It looks like you are bi-wiring your speakers with short runs of wire.  I did that last week to mine with a nice improvement in sound.  The wire does look a bit smaller than optimum though.  I am also using too light speaker wire, but I plan on changing it soon to a larger gauge. 

Bob

dpatters

« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2014, 11:01 am »
Thanks Bob. The speaker cable is Anticable Level Two Bi wire made to custom length for the Von Schweikert VR4jrs.

Don P.

fsimms

« Reply #9 on: 9 Feb 2014, 12:16 am »
The cables have a thicker gauge than they looked like in the picture.  12 gauge for that short of run should be more than fine.  I bet they do sound good.

Bob

dpatters

« Reply #10 on: 20 Feb 2014, 06:06 pm »
The cables have a thicker gauge than they looked like in the picture.  12 gauge for that short of run should be more than fine.  I bet they do sound good.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Amps now have about 150 hours and things are sounding really fine!

Don P