What's your favorite bad movie?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 5 Feb 2003, 05:34 am »
Just got to thinking about this after posting that Road House just came out on DVD.  I'm actually kind of a fan of bad/cheesey flicks (in the Next of Kin, Road House, Cobra vein).  I just get a kick out of them.  Okay, Next of Kin I actually sold because it was even too bad for me!

Anybody else have a weekness for Bad Flix?  C'mon, you all know you do!  Could be "teen exploitation" comedies, anything with Chuck Norris (involuntary shudder! 8) ), Troma films, cheesey old scifi- what's your poison?

What is the Greatest Terrible Movie?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2003, 05:38 am »
Hudson Hawk.

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2003, 09:14 am »
Barbarella  :mrgreen:

rosconey

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2003, 11:10 am »
kung pow

massappeal85

« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2003, 03:26 pm »
Early Hip-Hop movies. Beat Street, Wild Style, any of the Run DMC movies, Breakin' etc. So horrible, yet so funny.

brotherman-5th floor

« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2003, 08:13 pm »
THEY LIVE. The entire soundtrack consists of two short note exchanges constantly repeating. The infamous fight scene over the sunglasses was the longest "anything" I have ever witnessed in my life! Rowdy Roddy Piper as the bad-ass human who just won't take it is CLASSIC STUFF. The one-liners are priceless:

- I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass . . . and I'm all out of bubble gum.
-You do not throw rocks at a man who's got a machine gun!

I love it.

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2003, 12:31 am »
Deathrace 2000 comes to mind along with other Roger Corman movies.

I also have a fondness for the Japanese Godzilla movies. Some of those suckers were really bad.

Can't forget the nuclear mutation science fiction movies either.. giant spiders, giant ants, giant babes. :)

grub

« Reply #7 on: 6 Feb 2003, 12:33 am »
Last Action Hero

Fart: The Movie

-->grub

P.S. Kung Pow is a work of comedic genious! ; )

BobM

Killer Clowns from Outer Space
« Reply #8 on: 6 Feb 2003, 03:59 pm »
lots of "bad" old sci-fi and horror:

"Killer Clowns from Outer Space" and "It" and "The Blob" lead the bunch.

Bob

Bwanagreg

« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2003, 04:07 pm »
I can't believe I get to be first with this one:

Plan 9 From Outer Space

"Many are interested in the future, for that is where they will live, in the future!"  

:rotflmao:

Hope I remembered that about right...

Another one that is so bad it's good (although at least it was intentionally funny, unlike anything Ed Wood ever did): Buckaroo Banzai. The worlds first Rock Star Neurosurgeon Physicist. Reminds me of some grad students I used to know in the '80's. :guitar:

Brandon B

« Reply #10 on: 9 Feb 2003, 09:41 am »
Quote from: Bwanagreg
...Another one that is so bad it's good (although at least it was intentionally funny, unlike anything Ed Wood ever did): Buckaroo Banzai. The worlds first Rock Star Neurosurgeon Physicist. Reminds me of some grad students I used to know in the '80's. :guitar:

And the DVD is chock full of fun.

How about Cat People with Malcom McDowell and Nastassia Kinsky?

Meow.

BB

greve

« Reply #11 on: 9 Feb 2003, 02:59 pm »
"Fire on the Amazon" with Sandra Bullock. I like Sandra, but even with a nude-scene with her in this movie, it stands out as the worst in my 200+ moviecollection.