** SOLD ** GR Research LGK Set - Barely Used - For Sale

devinkato

Hi, I have a LGK set for sale that is very lightly used.

For those not familiar with the LGKs, they are one of the BEST full range speakers you will hear.  Please check out this video review - it puts everything into words very nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efku5oMo0nY

It was built using the recommended cabinet kit and the LGK kit direct from GR.
- I increased the roundover radius to 1/2" for the cabinet to improve looks and diffraction.
- Cabinet was primered using shellac to seal MDF pores.
- Sanded to 400 grit and then primered using an automotive filler primer.
- Wet sanded at 1000 grit and finish coated with automotive flat white paint.  They look very nice in person.

The only design deviation was that I used a layer of bitumen mat and foam to line the insides.  This is similar in construction to no-rez and was done because I had the cabinets on hand much before the kit was available.  Performance wise, you won't miss much, as the cabinets are constructed very well and do not resonate at all.

This set has about 15 hours of music on them, high passed at 100hz @ 24db.  They were only played at low to medium volumes and aren't even fully broken in as of yet. 

I would like to recoup the cost of the parts only - and exclude labor and finishing costs. So for the price of a kit, you get a fully finished set in beautiful matte white.

Let me know if you'd like better pictures and I'd be happy to take them. 

I am located in the SF bay area (San Mateo to be exact), and would be happy to meet to sell them.  I can also ship them via USPS, and would be willing to split the shipping costs with they buyer.

Payment is via Paypal only.

Pricing:
Cabinet Kit - $82
LGK Kit - $189
Total - $271

« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 07:29 pm by devinkato »

yarf

Re: GR Research LGK Set - Barely Used - For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2015, 07:40 am »
bump for a fine pair of speakers.

I heard these today and was as impressed by the fit & finish as much as the SQ. Good sound-stage depth, even with the somewhat questionable amp and (mini-dac) source we had on hand -- appeared detailed and dynamic at lower-levels too.

devinkato

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2015, 03:53 am »
Price drop to $240.  Need to move these guys for my next project!  :thumb:

devinkato

« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2015, 08:47 pm »
Sale pending.

Whitestix

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2015, 01:44 am »
Nice build on your speakers.  I have a pair for sale myself.  I was very happy with them until I picked up a used pair of Blumenstein Orca's, which sound better to my ears.  Single driver speakers are a new find for me and I love them -- I use the Orca's in my bedroom system.  I just built the Linkwitz LXmini's and, while they are not attractive, they compelled me to sell my $7500 Tyler Acoustics tower speakers.  The new speakers sound like fine planar speakers, but without the narrow listening "sweet spot" that is a limitation of planar speakers.  It is all good.
Cheers,
Mark

devinkato

« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2015, 01:47 am »
Nice build on your speakers.  I have a pair for sale myself.  I was very happy with them until I picked up a used pair of Blumenstein Orca's, which sound better to my ears...  It is all good.

Not really sure on what the point of this was?  Thanks for visiting my sale thread to say you're happy with Blumenstein Orcas?  IDK.   :duh:  Anyways.  Sale pending.

Ultralight

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2015, 07:51 am »
Wondering that myself too.... Anyways nicely finished. I've always liked white speakers.

UL

Not really sure on what the point of this was?  Thanks for visiting my sale thread to say you're happy with Blumenstein Orcas?  IDK.   :duh:  Anyways.  Sale pending.

devinkato

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2015, 07:29 pm »
Sold