Nirvana Cables

Sam-fi

Nirvana Cables
« on: 22 Mar 2011, 02:22 am »
Lets start a thread about this line of cables virtue offers. My order just shipped out today and I will be taking the "30" day chalenge in my system.
This will be a good resource because a google search doesn't seem to turn up much these days about Virtue's cables.

Sam

grodri02

Re: Nirvana Cables
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2011, 01:08 pm »
Excellent..looking forward to your comments since I been looking for an interconnect cables.

HiFlight

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:05 pm »
FWIW, the Nirvana cables are my cable of choice regardless of cost.   They now reside between my Piano M1 and my 2.2.

Sam-fi

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2011, 02:47 pm »
Well, without any burn in the speaker cables are smoking the old ones. There is better separation and definition in the soundstage. It has that same neutral presentation that I loved in the cables it replaced. The sound stage is maybe a tad smaller right now but so much better defined it gives new life to the music. I feel like I can touch the performers sometimes. I imagine the soundstage size is a burn in thing - I should add, the soundstage is far from small - it reaches about 2 feet past my speakers on either side. I am used to maybe an extra foot or so.

With zero burn in they are sounding great. There is a tendency for a little harshness right now on some recordings that bring that out. I will report back when I have about 100 hours on them. My experience with speaker cables is that almost all of them exhibit some harshness at first.

The interconnects replaced some cheap-o monster cabling and there were across-the-board improvements - like I got a new phono preamp! I am going to burn these in before I put them up against the interconnects I am currently using as my reference on my Sony XA 5400 ES.

Sam

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2011, 01:13 am »
Sam

I'm glad your liking them.
guys remember the only reason my cables are even remotely cheap is because I'm the only guy doing the work on them.
no overhead or employees makes this all possible but sometimes you'll have to wait longer for the cables  :? they're well worth the wait.

E4T

• drummer, specialty coffee, music obsessed
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2011, 12:11 am »
Jason-

I am blown away by the quality of these cables and inter-connects.  Huge!!!  Thanks to you for what yo do.  Amazing.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2011, 12:17 am »
Just saw this thread and thought I would take a minute to thank Jason for his services.  I just took delivery the end of last week of two pairs of interconnects.

Both pairs were custom lengths, look great, feel solidly and expertly assembled, were made and delivered promptly (about a week between order and delivery), and packaged very well (I have no idea what the very fancy Virtue logo cable bag is for - I don't really transport my system around - but I was nonetheless very impressed by all the "high end" touches to the delivered product).

Most importantly, the sound.  Even only having a few hours time in on the interconnects from my DAC to M901 amp (the other pair of cables is in preparation for new speakers that will use them), I know these cables were well worth my investment.  I don't have a lot of experience swapping cables around, so I can't speak on a comparative basis on the pros/cons of what these cables do compared to others. 

What I can say is that I am usually confident I've got something good going in my system if I lose "volume" after a tweak/upgrade.  By that, I mean when details, depth, and just plain "more" music come out of my system after a change that causes me to turn up the volume knob because I can hear that much more without feeling the effects of fatigue or strain to my ears, I know that my system just got better, and that I again have to question whether or not I've got everything out of my speakers that they are capable of. 

. . . Please note that at some point shortly after one of these good upgrades, I am not so subtly reminded to be careful about watching the volume knob, as although the music doesn't "sound" louder, I get lost in the new music, lose track of the volume, and my head reminds me very clearly where the volume knob belongs. :D

Thanks again, Jason, and when I get enough in the piggy bank again I will be in touch to have some speaker cables done.  Jason is most definitely delivering a lot of value for your hard earned dollar. :)

Sam-fi

« Reply #7 on: 3 Apr 2011, 03:42 am »
reserved - still taking my time with burn in.

sam