The weather, the weather, the weather....

Danny Richie

The weather, the weather, the weather....
« on: 12 Feb 2021, 05:02 pm »
All you guys up North of us. Your weather came down here and it's in my yard. Please come and get it or call it back home or something.

We have been getting email notices on most of the orders that we have shipped out via UPS stating "Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery."

Sorry guys.  :cry:

It is now 19 degrees out now and today is the warm day. It is suppose to get colder this weekend. And we are predicted to get 5 to 10 inches of snow in our area over the weekend.

A couple of my employees drive in daily from an hour and a half away each day. And that will mean that they will not be making it in next week if the roads are bad. So we are going to be snowed under with more work and orders than we can get out for a little while. My wife and I will be putting in some long hours. Luckily the shop that we work from is just 150 feet from our house. So we will be working hard and trying to stay on top of things. So please be patient with us.

And I know you guys up North have it way worse than we do here in North Texas. It's going to be a cold and tough couple of weeks. Stay warm, stay home if you can, and enjoy some music.

VinceT

Re: The weather, the weather, the weather....
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2021, 05:54 pm »

Kind of the norm up in these parts

In all seriousness...be safe down there, I just saw that clip of that 100 vehicle pile up in Fort Worth.  We drive in this stuff 4 months out of the year up here in the North, not so much in the south. Folks just need to slow it way down and increase stopping distances. We had a 100 car pile up in Michigan a few years back due to no visibility and white out conditions, pretty horrific.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2021, 04:15 pm by VinceT »

JWCoffman

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2021, 05:55 pm »
I lived in Tulsa for a year and that was a surprisingly cold winter getting down into single digits on a regular basis.  It was not like living in Michigan, but still pretty chilly and probably about the same as north Texas.  I'm glad to be back in Seattle where we're freaking out about overnight temps in the 20's and a few inches of snow over the weekend. :roll:
Stay safe everyone.

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2021, 06:51 pm »
Was  around  -20C this am up here,  neighboors just east of us are loking at -30' - - 40's

Can't really  complain,  up until now it has been  extremely mild this year

Might have to get some touques made up and start including them  in  shipments  heading   South for you  guys   :)

Stay safe, hopefully  it  won't  last  long
jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2021, 06:53 pm »
In all seriousness...be safe down there, I just saw that clip of that 100 vehicle pile up in Fort Worth.  We drive in this stuff 4 months out of the year up here in the North, not so much in the south. Folks just need to slow it way down and increase stopping distances.

That went from a dry road to an long elevated road (like an overpass) and it was covered in black ice. So it hit everyone by surprise. And it was really bad.

VinceT

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2021, 07:21 pm »
I have been in that situation where the black ice comes out of no where. I noticed it, other drivers didn't and was really really bad. So I understand how that can happen. Those situations are very scary.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2021, 07:36 pm »
Meanwhile its been nothing but warm, sunny, spring weather here...  :lol:

2bigears

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2021, 07:49 pm »
 :D blame our do-anything we want lifestyle. We broke the polar vortex. The warm air is up north. Funny the news (6 big billionaires) won't mention climate disruption. Just Mother Nature wanting us GONE. Even her Animals want us GONE as we extinct 150 of them a day. Good lord a little chilly weather is NOTHING to whats coming.  Haha.   :D

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2021, 08:08 pm »
A couple of those folks from that Ft. Worth wreck ended up at the hospital where my daughter works.  The ones that got killed had gotten out of their cars and were hit by cars out of control. 
Abilene is expecting 0* (update is now -2*) next Mon and Tues.  For those of us in the hills outside of town, it usually gets 3-4* colder.  We'll be below zero for a couple of days.   :o    I need to get out and cut some more wood while it's still in the teens. 
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2021, 10:02 pm by S Clark »

Brendan

« Reply #9 on: 13 Feb 2021, 02:30 am »
Very sad for those involved in the giant pile up.

Meanwhile doing snow dance in Utah!  We are way behind.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #10 on: 13 Feb 2021, 02:33 am »

Meanwhile doing snow dance in Utah!  We are way behind.

Same here in Idaho!  On the way home form the restaurant my wife and kids were begging to put the house Christmas lights up again since they missed a white Christmas.  Unfortunately for them that was met with a hard no.

Barryg443

« Reply #11 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:11 am »
Same here in Idaho!  On the way home form the restaurant my wife and kids were begging to put the house Christmas lights up again since they missed a white Christmas.  Unfortunately for them that was met with a hard no.

You could have gone with red lights for Valentines Day!

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #12 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:17 am »
Hindsight...darn it! Lol

hawkeyejw

« Reply #13 on: 13 Feb 2021, 02:50 pm »
I think you and the Mrs. should take a snow day and relax Danny. You have earned it!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #14 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:53 pm »
  I pray for those who have died. Horrific to see.  :(

charles

twitch54

« Reply #15 on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:03 pm »
get one of these to ride, you'll love snow !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #16 on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:56 pm »
:D blame our do-anything we want lifestyle. We broke the polar vortex. The warm air is up north. Funny the news (6 big billionaires) won't mention climate disruption. Just Mother Nature wanting us GONE. Even her Animals want us GONE as we extinct 150 of them a day. Good lord a little chilly weather is NOTHING to whats coming.  Haha.   :D

Anthropogenic Climate Change doesn't always meant that it's warm weather in your area, it means greater fluctuations in local weather because of global climatic variations.  Currently the Artic is warming pushing the center of seasonal polar cold air mass further south.  It was recently over Siberia and has moved eastward over the Canadian shield.  This translates to its cold as shite bubba.

MttBsh

« Reply #17 on: 13 Feb 2021, 06:18 pm »
Here in Seattle we are getting a serious snow dump with about 6 inches on the ground where I live and it's not letting up anytime soon. This is somewhat rare in this area where some winters we get a dusting but others there is none at all. If the pandemic was making people stay home the snow is now offering us little choice. Personally, I love it and my five month old Siberian Husky, playing in snow for the first time, is in heaven!

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #18 on: 13 Feb 2021, 06:40 pm »
Anthropogenic Climate Change doesn't always meant that it's warm weather in your area, it means greater fluctuations in local weather because of global climatic variations.  Currently the Artic is warming pushing the center of seasonal polar cold air mass further south.  It was recently over Siberia and has moved eastward over the Canadian shield.  This translates to its cold as shite bubba.

Your absolutely correct.
I've lived in northern Canada all my life.
The 70s were way colder then......how do I remember?
Walked to school, snowmobiled, skied and trapped, etc all in the -30Cs
The media were warning us that another Ice age was coming....doom and gloom on the
opposite spectrum just 45 short years ago, have the frost bitten ears and fingers to prove it.
But that was incorrect, it was just ALL the news outlets getting it wrong, that could never happen again.
Just a one off......
Now the medias got it right!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

https://albertapressleader.ca/?p=15716

emailtim

« Reply #19 on: 17 Feb 2021, 01:32 am »
Did you shovel off your solar panels and de-ice your windmills ?