LH Labs Vi DAC, Piega Speakers, Legacy Audio Center, tuner, and more

Carlman

I'm selling my system because I'm moving and downsizing.

Everything is in excellent condition.  I'll split up the ad if needed but wanted to see if there was any interest in the whole system.
Prices below are somewhat firm and reasonable and include you picking them up with cash in hand.  If you want shipping, online payment, etc., just ask.

SOLD: The amp: MC402 and have all the original included bits.  $4,000 firm.

SOLD: The Preamp:  a Belles 21a has been modified to sound much better than when new by a local hifi engineer. $600

The DAC: Light Harmonic Vi DAC with fento clock.  Extremely awesome DAC.  The display is a little dimmer than when new otherwise perfect condition. $600

Speakers: Piega C8 limiteds
Upgraded Crossover network designed by the late Rick Craig.  This change un-congested the upper mids and makes the speakers an easier load on the amp.)
Note: upgraded crossovers are now internal to the speakers, no more external boxes/cables/etc. 

New ribbon/coax panels from Piega a couple years ago. $3,000.

SOLD: Pair of Rhythmik Audio E15 servo subs.  These are highly detailed easy to tune subs.  $1500

Center Channel: Legacy Audio Silverscreen, has a ding on the bottom left corner.  $1200

Tuner: Nikko NT-2000 - $50

Updated photos, see link to google photo album, it is public.
This could be a great opportunity, especially for someone local, in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill NC area.

I have the original boxes for everything but the subs.

I can ship if needed... except maybe the subs and speakers.. that could be quite challenging and expensive with the tethered external crossovers.

« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2024, 08:31 pm by Carlman »

VinceT

What is your location  :thumb:

Carlman

Thanks, I didn't realize my location wasn't visible.. but Durham, NC... very close to I-40.
Feel free to PM me with any questions... or specific things you want photographed... as I plan to do that soon.

richidoo

I've heard this system many times - always a great experience!

Hard to believe you're selling it, and that someone can have a system like that for only $11k.

GLWS!
Rich

decal

Great way to get into High End Audio for all you fence sitters. Good luck with the sale!!!!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Great seller!!

George

Carlman

I've had 4 people ask me about the Belles 21a. This is sold.

I've replied to all to check here and see the photo link at the bottom.  I will try to get more photos up tonight. :)  Thanks for your patience.

The Belles 21a is silver, and has the original small remote.

I got an email from the engineer that did the mods, he said:  "I added 0.22uF caps that I thought “sounded” good in parallel with some Panasonic caps that complemented them and allowed it to still not roll off below 20Hz. I seem to remember removing 4 Dayton 15uF caps to do this."
He also disabled the balance control per my request (cleaner signal). 

I cannot remember if this was the auricap version or not.  I thought it was, I could be wrong.  It's been many years and I don't have the best memory.  I can guarantee it works and sounds great.

I've started a photo album here and will add photos as I get time to shoot them:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JBxjodq1ogKLe2XA8
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2024, 01:17 am by Carlman »

Carlman

I've added photos of the Vi DAC, Speakers, and Amp. (finally) https://photos.app.goo.gl/JBxjodq1ogKLe2XA8

The LH Labs Vi DAC has a remote and can be configured a variety of ways... can be a preamp w/ remotely controlled volume, digital inputs (remote selectable) and XLR and single ended outputs.  This is also a very fine headphone dac/amp.  That was the original design concept for this device.

SOLD: The McIntosh MC402 has some dust on it.  I did a halfway job wiping it off.  I honestly do not know how you could find a better amp for anywhere close to the price.

The Piegas have some scuffs and scratches on them.  The price reflects that in a pair of speakers that were originally in the 10,k+ range and have a few thousand more in upgrades.  I have the silver covers for the coax tweeter/ribbon.  I also have original crossovers and extra transducers. 

Subs are still available.

I have some interconnects and power cords if anyone needs those.  - BSC Statement One cables are sold.

I'll probably start putting these things on ebay this weekend or next.  I'd prefer to sell here for a variety of reasons.  It's kind of sad to see it all go.  But it's time to turn the page. 

« Last Edit: 3 Mar 2024, 08:10 pm by Carlman »

Carlman

Photo album updated with center channel, cords, microphones, sub plate amp, etc.
Check it out and make an offer.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JBxjodq1ogKLe2XA8  - Note I made comments on individual items.

Carlman

Someone asked about some of the cables I had for sale...
The JPS Ultraconductor interconnects I have:
XLR terminated by me: 1m and almost 2m - $75 per stereo pair - nothing wrong with them, I just don't plan on using xlr in the future.  I didn't mark L/R with red/white colors, though.

Ultraconductor 2, RCA terminated by JPS in the white box with blue printing - .5m and 1m - $150 and $200 per pair
I might have a 1.5m, let me know what you need.
These are in excellent condition.

The BL-1 is a 15 Foot Pair - Female XLR to RCA = $220 for the pair
These were made by Silver Sonic 2 years ago when I got the subs.  They've been broken in a little but barely used.

Carlman

On the Piega C8 LTD Tower speakers:
I moved the external crossovers to be internal.  So they have the upgraded crossover components but it connects like it did when stock, just regular binding posts.  So it's now a conventional speaker.  I do not have jumpers for the binding posts, so byoj.  I have the original shipping boxes but would still prefer local pickup in Durham, NC.

The Legacy Audio center is still for sale.  It didn't blend great with the Piega's but was good enough.  It has a surprising amount of bass and is very fast.  It has switches in the back to dial it in, tame the lows or highs .. or boost it.  Make an offer.

The DAC is still for sale, it really is a phenomenal piece.  Seems there's some bad will with the company, though. I'm ok keeping it.  I haven't heard a better DAC.

Cables are all sold