MY wife cant stop singing its praises

smargo

MY wife cant stop singing its praises
« on: 24 Jan 2020, 04:28 am »
at the new magnepan LRS speaker - everytime she comes down to my listening area - she is amazed at the sound of this speaker

this is the first time in 20 years she has ever been taken with the sound and the looks of a speaker - The lrs isnt imposing on a listening area

and sounds really good to boot for $695 - of course im pairing it with a svs sub and have at least 70 watts going into it - the sub takes this speaker

from - " i guess its good" - to "spectacular"

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: MY wife cant stop singing its praises
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2020, 04:57 am »
Congratulations for the good news.

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:04 pm »
In the future I'd love to return to a set of Maggies.

I could envision a set of these with a pair of small subs (think Totem Kin 8 inchers) being central for music/tv enjoyment.

They are light enough to move back against a wall easily when not in  use (with tape on the floor for quick perfect placement in the sweet spot).

smargo

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2020, 07:13 pm »

I could envision a set of these with a pair of small subs (think Totem Kin 8 inchers) being central for music/tv enjoyment.

when using a quality sub - the bass is very articulate and detailed - and in general the speaker's treble is very detailed - but not analytical - but its the overall gestalt of the speaker that makes it special.