Max Payne 2

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Max Payne 2
« on: 21 Mar 2004, 11:42 pm »
This one's on sale this week @ BB for $30- has anyone played it?  That's a pretty good price if it's at least as good as the original.

jackman

Max Payne 2
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2004, 01:32 pm »
I have it and think it's pretty good.  Better than the original.   The only complaint is the constant stops as the machine loads each segment.  Very realistic and pretty fun.  Halo is still my favorite because you can drive and do lots of different things, however MP2 is fun and worth the money.   I like it because it's not stealth.  I hate games where you have to sneak up on people like Hitman2.

J

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Max Payne 2
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2004, 11:47 pm »
Crap!  It's not on sale anymore! :banghead:   But this week KotOR is on sale for $30! :o

ooheadsoo

Max Payne 2
« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2004, 12:38 am »
I liked max 2 a lot better than the first game and halo.  Must just be me.  I didn't feel halo really lived up to the hype.  I also made a lot of dumb decisions that just made me stop playing it (like winding up with a pistol and a sniper rifle and suddenly finding myself in the middle of a cqb situation.)  Max 2 had a very cinematic feel and decent story and dialogue.  I just felt compelled to play it.

jgubman

Max Payne 2
« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2004, 12:50 am »
I'm playing it right now, and so far think it's exactly the same as the first one, which isn't a bad thing. It's fun and $30 is a pretty good price. I paid that much for it used!

If you liked the original MP, you'll also like this one.

ooheadsoo

Max Payne 2
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2004, 12:53 am »
The gameplay is essentially the same, but the attention to graphics, attention to detail, and sensibility (storywise) have all been honed and sharpened.

ooheadsoo

Max Payne 2
« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2004, 11:45 pm »
Quote from: jackman
I have it and think it's pretty good.  Better than the original.   The only complaint is the constant stops as the machine loads each segment.  Very realistic and pretty fun.  Halo is still my favorite because you can drive and do lots of different things, however MP2 is fun and worth the money.   I like it because it's not stealth.  I hate games where you have to sneak up on people like Hitman2.

J

Something kept on bothering me about that statement as it remained in the back of my head for the last few days...and it just occured to me what it is.  Hitman 2...sneak?  The joy of hitman is that you can play the game pretty much any way you darn feel like doing it!  If you play on the easiest difficulty, it's VERY viable to mow everyone down on your path to the target!  If you bump up the difficulty, it gets harder, but still technically possible.  There are very few missions where you are forced to do something one way or another.  Max is great fun, but you basically have to kill everyone.