Decware DM945 Stand Mounts

AudioSoul

Decware DM945 Stand Mounts
« on: 7 Jul 2011, 07:13 pm »

I figuer since there is so much talk about Tekton Design speakers, I could report about my newly aquired Dm945 speakers. They are a two driver design with the 8" woofer running full range and the ribbon tweeter using just a single capacitor. Actually it was down to Tekton and Decware for my choices for new stand mount speakers. I have about ten hours on them. I have a 12'x18' room so I have to watch that the room does not get overloaded with bass. For this I made the right choice, the bass is there but not in your face. The whole music spectrum from about 40hz to 20khz is all there and evenly distibuted, the imaging is spot on and all instuments sound "REAL". I am using a AES Super 25 amp in 15 watt triode mode and a Sound Valves full function pre-amp. I have said this before in the past but I think I am at a stopping point with my system. We shall see.........

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Decware DM945 Stand Mounts
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2011, 09:24 pm »
Nice to read of support of another Decware product.  When I discovered the internet and got back seriously into audio, it was Decware (American cottage made, inexpensive, quality, low power, and an active forum) that fascinated me.  Yet I've never bought from Steve as I wanted a full range single driver design and what I settled on was not efficient enough for any of Steve's offerings (at that time). 

Now Steve offers the Torii Mk III (25 wpc) that might be enough, but I'm running 100 watt Hypex digital monoblocks (Channel Island Audio D-100).  However I did trial the original 12 wpc Torii and it did some wonderful things with my Bob Brines FTA-2000's.  But I do like the convinience of high efficiency solid state.

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 9 Jul 2011, 12:55 am »
I never tried the original Torii, but the MK 3 I just picked up is showing a silly amount of potential.  Decware appears to be good stuff.

JLM

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm »
Do keep us (me) posted on the Torii Mk III.  That trial with the original Torii is haunts me (palpability, image density, tone, but exagerated bass with my "brutish" single driver speakers).  I like all the flexibility that the Mk III offers with rolling/switching options.

In general seems like Decware amps sound more like solid state done right than classic tubes.  Maybe what I heard was the tubes interacting with the AlNiCo drivers.

akai

« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2011, 03:59 am »
I was also interested in DM945, sent Steve an email, left him a message on the phone, both in July, neither one received any response???

Any update on the DM945?

datman

« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2011, 06:07 am »
I have one of the first Decware Torii III's (I think it's number 12) and can not say enough wonderful things about it. Seamless bottom to top performance combined with exquisite transparancy is certainly tough to beat.

Combined with my PHY-HP based Musical Affairs speakers I finally have the sound I have always dreamed about having.

JLM

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2011, 12:23 am »
I have one of the first Decware Torii III's (I think it's number 12) and can not say enough wonderful things about it. Seamless bottom to top performance combined with exquisite transparancy is certainly tough to beat.

Combined with my PHY-HP based Musical Affairs speakers I finally have the sound I have always dreamed about having.

Coming from Europe and at the prices for the drivers alone ($2500 each), dreaming is probably all I'll ever do with those speakers.   :cry:

The
Torii Mk III is more doable, but I already am set.