Who's looking at the new VLRCarbon Fiber speakers???

ctsooner

I think this is a brilliant move.  I have spoken to so many who use the VLR and love them. I need to hear them again as it's been so long.  I keep hearing from friends saying they will be doing this upgraded purchase. 

mg8

• Roll Away the Dew
Re: Who's looking at the new VLRCarbon Fiber speakers???
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2018, 09:33 pm »
I love my VLR wood's and will likely buy a set of the VLR Carbon Tweeter.  Does anyone have a pair yet.  I understand they and a new subwoofer are almost ready retail.

ctsooner

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2018, 03:20 am »
The subs have been out for awhile now.  It's a great sub and with the EQ built in allows you to dial it in better than most any sub I can think of in any room.

C17FXR

• Remember, you don't have to rewind the Blu-ray.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2018, 10:50 pm »
These have my attention, I have a pair of the older VLR's, the one that look like the VCC-1's except sealed in the back.
I have been using them as a computer monitor speakers, they got moved there after I compared the VLR-1's to a pair of VCC-1's.
To me the VCC-1 has a more open sound similar to the rest of the Vandersteen line, the VLR has a more boxy sound to it.
Ended up getting three VCC-1's to form the bases for my livingroom home theater and music system.
I wonder if we could get the VCC-1 with the Carbon tweeter.
Seems I'm going to have to find me a dealer to go check these out. 

ctsooner

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2018, 09:19 pm »
I wonder if Richard will eventually use the CF tweeter in all his models, but right now, I don't think so. I will ask the next time I think about it.  I was told by many who owned the older one, that the new VLR CF are very special and worth every penny.  I'm not surprised as his CF tweeters are very special indeed. I think that's why I moved up from the regular Treo's (in addition to needing the bass EQ). If I owned the Treo CF's, I would have just waiting and added the brand new subs. 

BD2665

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2019, 07:36 pm »
I have a pair and they are simply stunning for a smaller two way speaker. The addition of the carbon tweeter amazingly impacts the bass maybe more than anything. They are so simple to set up, just back them up to the wall and point them forward, no toe in. They 3D image and soundstage like crazy. I compared them to the LS50 and while more expensive the VLRc's just smoked the KEF's in every possible way. And I don't think the LS50 is bad it's just that the Vandersteens are that much better.

CHenry

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2019, 03:06 pm »
The VLR CT are lovely speakers, and as others have noted, image very well. I have not compared them to the KEF LS50 passives, but I have compared them to the KEF LS50 active wireless speakers. For comparison, I was using a Bluetooth wireless stream from Simple Radio (WWNO HD3) in both speakers and was powering the Vandersteens with a NuPrime IDA-8 hybrid amp with the Bluetooth dongle.  I felt the differences were not great, and I would not say the Vandersteen speakers were vastly better (although the differences were there, and I thought the Vandersteens definitely presented a clearer and more discrete soundstage image.) I have read that there was a significant difference in sound quality between the LS50W and the passive LS50s, the actives being much better.

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2019, 10:25 pm »
So has anyone used the VLR as  a desktop computer speaker.