4th of July Maelstrom-X Sale!

NEO Dan

Re: 4th of July Maelstrom-X Sale!
« Reply #20 on: 7 Jul 2008, 08:51 pm »
 :duh: My Dad called, and now I'm $325 lighter in the wallet :duh:

I got my shipping confirmation, it's going DHL.
Ever considered FedEx Home, they deliver even on Saturday's

Probably not as cost effective as DHL, I tried to generate a quote @ DHL but no luck
I have no ties to FedEx BTW

Thanks again Kevin

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #21 on: 7 Jul 2008, 09:16 pm »
I use DHL because they give me a pretty good deal on these heavy ground packages.    DHL is going away from GND residential and I'll probably go back to UPS.   

The FedEx branch up here is horrible from my limited experience with them.

The local UPS branch has been great to deal with, although their national guys are a PIA.   

Rightbrained

« Reply #22 on: 7 Jul 2008, 09:28 pm »
Kevin ,
 We all understand you have to save money when you can and at 63ish pounds each shipped they arent exactly cheap to send our way.  But you have to understand , Dan and I want ours now  lol.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2008, 10:30 pm »
I can always Next Day Air them.  ;-) 

I'm headed home early today.   I'm feeling a little sick so I'm going home and laying around in front of the TV for the rest of the day.   Hopefully I won't be in front of the toilet because I'm feeling like blowing chow.

Anyway... more than you probably wanted to know.   Everyone should have a subwoofer on the way who ordered.   I'm low on inventory now but I should have more stock in 4-5 weeks.   I'm down to a half pallet left which at the current rate, won't last much longer.   

Rightbrained

« Reply #24 on: 8 Jul 2008, 12:38 am »
Kevin , go home and get some rest man . You probably overworked yourself moving those big boys around today.

NEO Dan

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jul 2008, 02:37 pm »
I can always Next Day Air them.  ;-) 

I'm headed home early today.   I'm feeling a little sick so I'm going home and laying around in front of the TV for the rest of the day.   Hopefully I won't be in front of the toilet because I'm feeling like blowing chow.

Anyway... more than you probably wanted to know.   Everyone should have a subwoofer on the way who ordered.   I'm low on inventory now but I should have more stock in 4-5 weeks.   I'm down to a half pallet left which at the current rate, won't last much longer.   

Kevin,
hope you are feeling better. If you think you may sell through your stock you can keep that last driver I ordered until your stock is replenished. Dad's project is a bit down the road, and it'll give him a chance to hear my pair. 

Rightbrained

« Reply #26 on: 9 Jul 2008, 09:37 pm »
 Kevin ,
 What size are the holes on the mounting ring for the Maelstrom-X ?
 DHL is killing me ,they say another 9 days to wait for mine. I can take a Greyhound from Washington to Alabama quicker than that lol.

chrismercurio

« Reply #27 on: 10 Jul 2008, 06:37 pm »
2 VERY LARGE boxes arrived on my porch today.

Thank you Kevin (and DHL),

Chris

chrismercurio

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jul 2008, 03:32 pm »
I popped one of these into a test enclosure last night and am impressed to say the least. I have only listened to music so far, and am only powering it with a 300w plate amp, but the bass is sublime. It is just there without saying, "I'm here!"

I will post more observations after I play a few movies.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jul 2008, 04:46 pm »
I popped one of these into a test enclosure last night and am impressed to say the least. I have only listened to music so far, and am only powering it with a 300w plate amp, but the bass is sublime. It is just there without saying, "I'm here!"

I will post more observations after I play a few movies.

What kind of box are you using?   

chrismercurio

« Reply #30 on: 31 Jul 2008, 12:01 am »
It is a sealed box...built to this plan:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1051665

Easy to build, but ungainly in size and weight...especially with the driver the box!

I haven't ever had my room pressurized like this. Adding the second one will be gorgeous.

Chris

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #31 on: 31 Jul 2008, 12:09 am »
It is a sealed box...built to this plan:

Easy to build, but ungainly in size and weight...especially with the driver the box!

I haven't ever had my room pressurized like this. Adding the second one will be gorgeous.

Chris

Yea... our version that we are selling locked and loaded is 130lbs.   I bet you have a little more bass than you had with that SS 8" sub.   :lol:

Keep us in the loop.   Looks like you are having fun! 

chrismercurio

« Reply #32 on: 31 Jul 2008, 02:40 am »
A little more bass? aa The scan speak is a sweet little woofer...but now I am hearing what a large diameter woofer can do moving gently as opposed to a little guy moving like it's life depended on it

I can't wait to build the second one.   :thumb:

My wife didn't really know what to say and wanted to know, "What is that landmass doing in my living room?"

Staying.

Chris

7.31.08 edit...

I watched movies today, or at least scenes from Open Range and Spiderman 2. IT'S AWESOME. AND IT SHOOK MY HOUSE, NOT JUST MY COUCH.

Thank you Kevin. I don't know why anyone would need the Sicko. One of these sealed is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2008, 08:32 pm by chrismercurio »

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #33 on: 31 Jul 2008, 10:04 pm »
A little more bass? aa The scan speak is a sweet little woofer...but now I am hearing what a large diameter woofer can do moving gently as opposed to a little guy moving like it's life depended on it

I can't wait to build the second one.   :thumb:

My wife didn't really know what to say and wanted to know, "What is that landmass doing in my living room?"

Staying.

Chris

7.31.08 edit...

I watched movies today, or at least scenes from Open Range and Spiderman 2. IT'S AWESOME. AND IT SHOOK MY HOUSE, NOT JUST MY COUCH.

Thank you Kevin. I don't know why anyone would need the Sicko. One of these sealed is pretty cool.

Hey  shhh!   Don't say that!   Once we have them in stock EVERYONE will need a Sicko!   It is like a THNEED from that Dr. Seuss Lorax story. 

"This thing is a Sicko.
A Sicko's a Fine-Something-That-All-People-Need!
It's a shirt.  It's a sock.  It's a glove.  It's a hat.
But it has OTHER uses.  Yes, far beyond that.
You can use it for carpets.  For pillows!  For sheets!
Or curtains!  Or covers for bicycle seats!"

I know it doesn't quite rhyme but I'm no Dr. Seuss.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #34 on: 1 Aug 2008, 12:57 pm »
Kevin,

Bad example.  :thumbdown:  Nobody needs the sicko that bad.

I hope you didn't cut down any Trufulla trees for the subs I got.   :wink:

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #35 on: 1 Aug 2008, 01:12 pm »
We use renewable resources only.   

We use Trufulla grass, which is a quick growing, carbon neutral waste product produced when the indigenious Spotted Owls move from their nesting areas.    We carefully make sure the Spotted Owl no longer needs his deserted home of used Truffulla grass, then we collect it, compress it into an MDF-like material, and build it into subwoofers.     

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #36 on: 1 Aug 2008, 01:18 pm »

We use Trufulla grass, which is a quick growing, carbon neutral waste product produced when the indigenious Spotted Owls move from their nesting areas.    We carefully make sure the Spotted Owl no longer needs his deserted home of used Truffulla grass, then we collect it, compress it into an MDF-like material, and build it into subwoofers.     

:thumb: :thumb:

Just making sure.   :wink:  My six year old daughter now reads me Dr. Seuss instead of me reading her the books.  Lorax still bothers her though.  :?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #37 on: 1 Aug 2008, 01:21 pm »

We use Trufulla grass, which is a quick growing, carbon neutral waste product produced when the indigenous Spotted Owls move from their nesting areas.    We carefully make sure the Spotted Owl no longer needs his deserted home of used Truffulla grass, then we collect it, compress it into an MDF-like material, and build it into subwoofers.     

:thumb: :thumb:

Just making sure.   :wink:  My six year old daughter now reads me Dr. Seuss instead of me reading her the books.  Lorax still bothers her though.  :?

Hey... mine too.  I have a 6yr old girl and she is reading up a storm.    My 4yr old son announced he wanted to eat the green eggs and ham book.    He is the picky eater in the family too! 

chrismercurio

Making the best better...
« Reply #38 on: 10 Sep 2008, 06:03 am »
I didn't start a thread because it isn't worth bothering. I took the back off of this box:

and put my second Maelstrom X there.

I decided to do this because I had always heard about force cancellation and less box coloration with opposing drivers. The cabinet vibration has lessened considerably (almost nothing), the bass output is ridiculous, and I am nowhere near driving these to full output.

Thank you Kevin,

Chris

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #39 on: 11 Sep 2008, 04:39 pm »
No problem Chris.   

Enjoy.