2 deliveries in one day!

kala98

2 deliveries in one day!
« on: 23 May 2009, 02:31 pm »
Over a month ago I received my new SongTowers in a custom finish that matches existing furniture.  8 hours later my wife went into labor and the huge boxes sitting in the dining room were forgotten for two weeks.  Recently there has been time to start listening again (the baby loves Bon Iver). 

I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but I am extremely pleased.  These are the most musical speakers I've had in my room so far, and I think I have tried every Canadian 2-way, even in the next price bracket.

So, thank you Jim for the great experience and for the great product.  If I ever find myself in a bigger room, the HT3s will be on the short list, if I even make a list.

Carl

Edit: Not sure how to post a pic, but would be happy to do so if a quick pointer is given.  Tried url, img, ImageShack hosting, etc.

adydula

• Restricted
Re: 2 deliveries in one day!
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2009, 07:24 pm »
Congratulations X2!!

Really neat!

I have a set of ST's and like them very much!

I wish your an your family all the very best!!

Alex

kala98

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2009, 07:54 pm »
Got the photo working:

mathgeek97

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2009, 11:27 pm »
Carl,

Congrats on the triplets!  :wink:  Those Towers looks great!  Did Jim do a custom dye on cherry?  The wife was thinking that was the way to go.
BTW, my 8 month old loves Bon Iver, too.  You don't think the Salks are overly revealing on that?  I think about some of the things I listen to now and I have to wonder what will really shine and what will leave me wondering how it got recorded that way.

Kevin

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2009, 02:00 am »
Looking good! :thumb:

kala98

« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2009, 05:33 am »
@mathgeek,

Yes, it was a custom dye over the standard cherry.  I sent him part of a door to work off of and the results are really good.

The Salks are a little more revealing than others I have had, and are now forcing me to buy a record cleaner, but I usually save the music I like that is recorded poorly for the car.  The LP of Bon Iver is pretty good, actually, although I do not have special audio ears.