NFL 21/22 Season

TomS

Re: NFL 21/22 Season
« Reply #140 on: 24 Jan 2022, 02:49 am »
Watched football for a loooong time, never seen anything like this one. Very entertaining, but glad I'm not particularly a fan of either, and having to endure this agony.

stlrman

« Reply #141 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:01 am »
Greatest game in the history of the playoffs !! 25 pony’s in the final 1:51 !!
Wow

rodge827

« Reply #142 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:10 am »
Great games this weekend! The playoffs at their best!

rbbert

« Reply #143 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:41 am »
Watched football for a loooong time, never seen anything like this one. Very entertaining, but glad I'm not particularly a fan of either, and having to endure this agony.

No kidding. I feel a little bad for Buffalo to have played such a great game and lost; of course if it had been KC on the losing end I would have felt bad for them instead.  OTOH it can be argued that Buffalo made the mother of all misjudgments when they kicked off into the end zone after scoring their last TD and thus "deserved" to lose.

None of the other 6 teams playing this weekend were in the same class as either KC or Buffalo (at least on this weekend).

charmerci

« Reply #144 on: 24 Jan 2022, 04:59 am »
My friend said it's too bad that Buffalo didn't get an opportunity to score in overtime. I told him that the game would have gone on forever. The two D's were so tired at the end. Really, Buffalo blew it by rushing 5 people on KC's 13 second drive.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #145 on: 24 Jan 2022, 12:26 pm »
I'm old and I've been watching football since before the first Superbowl.  Back when the San Diego Chargers were an upstart AFL team.  And this was surely the greatest single set of four playoff games in NFL history, topped off by THE greatest NFL playoff game of all time.  Then adding as personal favorite dessert that Rodgers and Brady are going home... it just doesn't get any better.  Those old men need to retire, the new regimes have been installed with Mahomes, Allen, and all the other young bucks at QB.  Bodes well for the future.

twitch54

« Reply #146 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:02 pm »
No kidding. I feel a little bad for Buffalo to have played such a great game and lost; of course if it had been KC on the losing end I would have felt bad for them instead.  OTOH it can be argued that Buffalo made the mother of all misjudgments when they kicked off into the end zone after scoring their last TD and thus "deserved" to lose.

yeah but the way they were playing at the end who knows what their kickoff coverage would have been like ??

one of the other 6 teams playing this weekend were in the same class as either KC or Buffalo (at least on this weekend).

agreed, but as kid born and raised in Bflo and I go back to Day 1 (1960) this just sucks ! I feel sorry for Allen, he played his heart out, I'm sure Jim Kelly was impressed !

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #147 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:22 pm »
Both Buffalo and KC were really impressive and the end of it was just really wild.
I kept wanting to go to sleep but no...

JDoyle

« Reply #148 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:36 pm »
… glad I'm not particularly a fan of either, and having to endure this agony.

I got the epic game I predicted, but just 13 seconds shy of the ending I wanted.
Going on 64, I’ve just about seen it all too…
Whether it’s the 4 Super Bowl losses, the Music City Miracle or the Hail Murray, the only thing left is what someone names it.
Life can be cruel to the Bills fan.
But, as we say in these parts… there’s always next year!  :roll:

jjss49

« Reply #149 on: 24 Jan 2022, 04:01 pm »
mahomes and josh are the shining stars of a very bright future in the nfl, look forward to their duels for many years to come, hope they stay healthy and maintain good teams around them

nice handing off of the torch this season

brady is the goat for sure, but these young guys are just on another level of skill, athleticism, threat, excitement...

twitch54

« Reply #150 on: 24 Jan 2022, 04:04 pm »
mahomes and josh are the shining stars of a very bright future in the nfl, look forward to their duels for many years to come, hope they stay healthy and maintain good teams around them

nice handing off of the torch this season

brady is the goat for sure, but these young guys are just on another level of skill, athleticism, threat, excitement...

Agreed, it's been some time since we've seen a level of toughness and skill at the QB position that Josh Allen has, hopefully he can stay in one piece !

FireGuy

« Reply #151 on: 24 Jan 2022, 04:07 pm »
For those where their team wins,  the NFL's overtime rule, rules.

Those on the other side:  OVERTIME RULES SUCK!!!

It has to change to something better.  Not quite like the NCAA but similar.  A little fairness can go a long way.

JDoyle

« Reply #152 on: 24 Jan 2022, 04:25 pm »
I agree.  This will be the game that changes it. Especially when it’s the playoffs
OT is 10 minutes, play it out!
Loosing the toss automatically puts that team in choke mode.
A full 10 minutes to decide would be best IMHO
What the hell, there coulda been another six or eight Touchdowns!

rbbert

« Reply #153 on: 24 Jan 2022, 05:15 pm »
The overtime rules change every few years, and remember that KC was on the other end of this one a few years ago (AFC championship against New England).  I think a big part of the idea here is to avoid ties in playoff games.

twitch54

« Reply #154 on: 24 Jan 2022, 06:39 pm »
  I think a big part of the idea here is to avoid ties in playoff games.

now that's too funny !   :lol:

Philip J Fry

« Reply #155 on: 24 Jan 2022, 07:08 pm »
Agreed, it's been some time since we've seen a level of toughness and skill at the QB position that Josh Allen has, hopefully he can stay in one piece !

Jim Kelly,from the 1990 to the 1993 season, he helped guide the Bills to a record four consecutive Super Bowls, although the team lost each game.

JDoyle

« Reply #156 on: 24 Jan 2022, 07:27 pm »
Jim Kelly,from the 1990 to the 1993 season, he helped guide the Bills to a record four consecutive Super Bowls, although the team lost each game.

Thanks for reminding me of that Phil!
Now I’m really depressed  :lol:

twitch54

« Reply #157 on: 24 Jan 2022, 08:17 pm »

yeah but Jack Kemp brought us two AFL titles in '64 & '65 !

Philip J Fry

« Reply #158 on: 24 Jan 2022, 10:06 pm »
yeah but Jack Kemp brought us two AFL titles in '64 & '65 !

He also served nine terms in the United States House of Representatives from 1971 to 1989.

rbbert

« Reply #159 on: 25 Jan 2022, 12:47 am »
now that's too funny !   :lol:

Perhaps so, but it is exactly why we have the current OT system and rules.