Does Anyone have any experience with Nuforce Amps?

audiojerry

« Reply #500 on: 14 Oct 2005, 12:17 pm »
Quote from: SP Pres
Jason,

Tell Casey to make sure the AC safety ground coming from the power cord is shorted to the chassis as close to the chassis entry point as possible.  We're talking no more than a few millimeters here.  DO NOT allow a "pig-tail" length of it jumper over to the PCB ground-plane first.  That's probably were the problem is if you're bussing your ground over to the board.  Then, just ground the PCB to the board stand-offs.  Star grounding at one point may not work - wavelengths are too short and will rad ...

Has anyone from NuForce acknowledged Bob's thoughtful advice? If not, why not?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #501 on: 15 Oct 2005, 06:40 am »
I bought four NX series Black gate 1000uf 25v..... I guess that's ok!??? they will not cut off any low frequency I guess??
Can i purcahse the litz wire from nuforce at all?? what brand is it??

Oh well, after consulted with Casey, we realize that TBI subwoofer has a passive summing network and cap in series will not work.

gostan

« Reply #502 on: 15 Oct 2005, 09:43 pm »
I rewired my entire system today and now have fm reception again.  Apparently there was an issue with my four directv cables, ota antenna cable fim antenna cable and internet cable, all of which are rg6 or rg59 and were previously bound together.  A swap out of one cable and a separation of the other cables has apparently solved the problem

timothyharnett

« Reply #503 on: 21 Oct 2005, 08:23 pm »
Quote from: gostan
I rewired my entire system today and now have fm reception again.  Apparently there was an issue with my four directv cables, ota antenna cable fim antenna cable and internet cable, all of which are rg6 or rg59 and were previously bound together.  A swap out of one cable and a separation of the other cables has apparently solved the problem

I also now have FM radio.  It took rebuilding the external aerial to do it (at some considerable cost).

I am also quite aware that when I walk in the door with a walkman radio on, I can hear the interference from the amps starting to kick in.

Clearly this is going to be affecting my neighbours (though I have no intention of letting them know that) .  Third party responsibilities do also come in to play.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #504 on: 30 Oct 2005, 09:05 pm »
The RFI should be low about 15 ft away from the amp and the walls will help to block the airborn RFI. I think your neighbor should be fine :). FM signal has very low energy and RF switching noise from the amp is enough to interfer with the weak stations. To improve FM reception in the house, use a shielded antenna and route if far away from the amp. The RFI is also tuner dependent. Some tuners are better at locking in the FM signal and placing an antenna 2 feet away from the amp is enough (according to one customer). But for others, you need a long shielded antenna.

mmm

« Reply #505 on: 20 Nov 2005, 07:36 am »
Question to Jason/nuforce... what's the frequency coming out of nuforce??

I wonder why people keep mentioning EMI problems with nuforce, It didn't cause any problem in this regard the first second I turned them on without any ERS paper..and my antenna was still few feet away from nuforce and my HDTV, computer and Nuforce are all from the same power conditoner...

I have ERS paper in it now... just don't know how much this is helping the EMI issue......

difference in sound quality from ERS!!?? I think it's better....  more organic feelings... a calmness....

but that's just my thinking...and it could be my hallucination...

I don't use F words lightely, but Nuforce is Fabulous!!! I like how "peaceful" the sound is now.. they are extremely accurate and have very good PRAT speed and detail... but still this calmness and grace is fantastic with cyberlight ICs+nuforce....

after 8/9 years in this never ending quest, i think I am happy finally with my amps, speakers and ICs..

It just so damn hard to have the absolute PRAT/speed and beauty all in one... but I am getting there with nuforce and cyberlight ICs..
MMM

KJ

« Reply #506 on: 20 Nov 2005, 03:15 pm »
Quote from: mmm
I wonder why people keep mentioning EMI problems with nuforce, It didn't cause any problem in this regard the first second I turned them on without any ERS paper..and my antenna was still few feet away from nuforce and my HDTV, computer and Nuforce are all from the same power conditoner...

You most likely did not notice anything due to a) your antenna was not directly next to the amps and b) you aren't using an old CRT tv.  If you have your amps on and they sit within proximity of an older CRT tv you will encounter static in the image at certain frequencies (channels).

difference in sound quality from ERS!!?? I think it's better.... more organic feelings... a calmness.

Interesting.  Where did you have your ERS placed relative to the amps themselves?

-KJ

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #507 on: 20 Nov 2005, 04:42 pm »
I don't use F words lightely, but Nuforce is Fabulous!!! I like how "peaceful" the sound is now.. they are extremely accurate and have very good PRAT speed and detail... but still this calmness and grace is fantastic with cyberlight ICs+nuforce....

Welcome to the club!  8)   I have been running direct from my source to the Ref 9's via Cyberlights for some time now.  Its a great way to go.  

BTW, ERS hasn't done much with my Ref 9's.  It probably does not attenuate the radiated frequencies of the Nuforces.

Cheers!

Mike

mmm

« Reply #508 on: 22 Nov 2005, 01:05 am »
one big piece to cover the under side of the top cover... one one inch  strip of the paper plaed between the power supply unit and main circuit boad... this strip reachs aLL THE WAY TO THE SPEAKER WIRES/DONUT SHAPE STUFF, so the the paper is also  in between the power supply and the the speaker wires/choke....another strip placed from between the speaker terminals and RCAs to between power supply and main circuit board...

this is because the speaker wires there... well just do whatever you want..hard to explain

this was done with new caps placed on the DC wires from power supply borad to the main circuit board... this is the best tweak sooo far!!..

I guess the caps have a whole lot more to offer than the paper.. ref 9 has this extra caps...but Ref 8 doesn't...