Call of Duty Black Ops

werd

Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #20 on: 20 May 2011, 12:03 am »
First prestige???  What's that?   :dunno:

George

You finish level 50 and the game asks if you want to prestige. You start over at level 1 again but with 1 prestige. There are 15 prestige levels in the game. The game gets better and opens up after about the 3 prestige. Only because it takes that long to know the game and play it right....

So everybody starts at level 1 and no prestige and plays up. Every time you prestige you start over again at level 1 and play to 50. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2011, 11:57 pm »
If you don't play very often, and/or, you suck....you should NEVER prestige.

Period.

Ever.

For ANY reason.

werd

« Reply #22 on: 21 May 2011, 01:44 am »
If you don't play very often, and/or, you suck....you should NEVER prestige.

Period.

Ever.

For ANY reason.

Well you should prestige at least once because it opens up different lobbies like the Hardcore lobby.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 21 May 2011, 01:50 am »
Ok, true....you got me there.  :duh:

Beyond that, there's no advantage to the casual player of presitiging more than once.
He'll just get frusterated at having to earn "the same 'ol same 'ol", all over again.

Bob

werd

« Reply #24 on: 21 May 2011, 02:17 am »
Ok, true....you got me there.  :duh:

Beyond that, there's no advantage to the casual player of presitiging more than once.
He'll just get frusterated at having to earn "the same 'ol same 'ol", all over again.

Bob

You get the custom gun slots with the higher prestiges. Once you get to the end of the 1st prestige you just do it anyways. The level 1 to 10 guns are fine and you level pretty fast.

werd

« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2011, 01:41 am »
Bob

What level are you at ?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 22 May 2011, 01:38 pm »
I've prestiged once, and am level 41.
I'll stop at 50 and won't prestige again. Takes me too long and I don't like giving up the goodies each time.

You?

Bob

coke

« Reply #27 on: 22 May 2011, 02:30 pm »
Does anyone play on PC?

werd

« Reply #28 on: 23 May 2011, 12:12 am »
I've prestiged once, and am level 41.
I'll stop at 50 and won't prestige again. Takes me too long and I don't like giving up the goodies each time.

You?

Bob

I am level 50 and about to hit 5th prestige. Do you do your perk challenges?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 23 May 2011, 12:21 am »
I did the challenges in some of the earlier versions (MW1, MW2), but for some reason got out of it on BO.
Not sure why, I suppose because it became a pain to have to figure out which weapon with which accesory, with which perk just got in the way of some good old "pew pew" time, ya know.....
It was like I was doing homework.....

Bob

werd

« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2011, 01:03 am »
I did the challenges in some of the earlier versions (MW1, MW2), but for some reason got out of it on BO.
Not sure why, I suppose because it became a pain to have to figure out which weapon with which accesory, with which perk just got in the way of some good old "pew pew" time, ya know.....
It was like I was doing homework.....

Bob

Bob you gotta do the perk challenges. Complete the perk challenges and its lets you buy the pro version for the perk. The pro version for sleight of hand costs 3000. The pro version for sleight of hand lets you aim down sights faster. The perk pros make it easier to kill. Not using the pro versions will make you easier to kill and probably why you may  find it  hard.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2011, 01:29 am »
Hmmm yea.... I guess you're right.
Generally, when it sit down to play, I just want to play. Not figure out where I'm at with whatever perk/challenge. But yea, you do speak the truth.

Bob

werd

« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2011, 07:15 pm »
I played right up until level 50 before i realized you had to buy the perk pros....  :lol:

Another good pro is the ninja perk. It takes you from move quietly to dead silent.
You make no noise at all. That includes reloading and cooking grenades. Its a great perk

HT cOz

« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2011, 07:56 pm »
Interesting guys.  I didn't know any of this... lol. 

coke

« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2011, 08:03 pm »
Try this setup if you play hardcore.  It's by far my favorite  :thumb:

Commando with Silencer (Very accurate, won't show up on radar, and usually kills with 1 or 2 hits)

Ghost Pro (makes it easy to get behind the other team.  I look forward to the other team using a UAV.  You'll also die a LOT less because choppers, sentry guns, and other stuff can't see you)

Sleight of Hand Pro (Being able to reload fast makes a huge difference.  Aiming down sights fast gives you a big advantage over other people too.)

Hacker Pro (Claymores and other objects glow bright red.  It makes it very easy to find out where enemies are.  Hacking stuff is a lot of fun too)

werd

« Reply #35 on: 23 May 2011, 09:35 pm »
That looks good.  I use the m16 in a similar way but i prefer ninja over hacker, also i like the warlord since i can put a scope -of some sort - with a supressor. But i use it more for camping in free for all than TDM.

HT cOz

« Reply #36 on: 23 May 2011, 10:10 pm »
I use Warlord a lot.  Do you guys have Warlord Pro?

werd

« Reply #37 on: 24 May 2011, 05:21 am »
I use Warlord a lot.  Do you guys have Warlord Pro?
I didn't get it this time, it give you another nade in pro if i remember. Shying away from warlord as i don't use scopes as much. I basically go with an extended mag or surpressor. Don't need warlord.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2011, 01:38 am »
Coke, that's a pretty sexy looking loadout you've got there.
I think I'll write that down, and give it a shot tonight.  :thumb:

So...Who's on PS3, 360, or PC?
Would be cool to have an AC Black Ops game.

Bob (PS3)

werd

« Reply #39 on: 25 May 2011, 02:41 am »
Coke, that's a pretty sexy looking loadout you've got there.
I think I'll write that down, and give it a shot tonight.  :thumb:

So...Who's on PS3, 360, or PC?
Would be cool to have an AC Black Ops game.

Bob (PS3)

360 - likeaudiocat1 (handle)