Call of Duty Black Ops

HT cOz

Call of Duty Black Ops
« on: 7 Apr 2011, 10:45 pm »
Just bought COD Black Ops for the Xbox 360 last night and had a blast playing this game.  I'm not sure about having to use points to get weapons but I guess that adds a new demension to the game.  I only play multiplayer on Xbox Live so I don't know about the missions. 

These games just suck you in  8)

I guess I'm not alone. The number of bullets fired is 1.2 billion!  That is mind blowing.
« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2011, 04:11 pm by HT cOz »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2011, 09:52 pm »
Yea, it's a fantastic game. I play it quite often on PS3. Great stuff.  :thumb:

cujobob

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2011, 09:58 pm »
Picked it up a while back and enjoyed it for a while.  Online multiplayer is obviously what keeps you coming back and it's enjoyable...Modern Warfare 2 is probably a bit more to my liking but still a great game.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2011, 11:13 am »
Picked it up a while back and enjoyed it for a while.  Online multiplayer is obviously what keeps you coming back and it's enjoyable...Modern Warfare 2 is probably a bit more to my liking but still a great game.
Agreed with that.

He's something you fellas would appreciate. You gotta respect the skill, but at the same time hate him. Ruins the game (B.O. or MW2):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7wtliJqPM&feature=player_embedded

Bob

cujobob

« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2011, 12:38 pm »
That's hilarious!!  I agree with the comments that having some overpowered elements can be fun.  Black Ops had less diversity.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2011, 02:33 pm »
Agreed with that.

He's something you fellas would appreciate. You gotta respect the skill, but at the same time hate him. Ruins the game (B.O. or MW2):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7wtliJqPM&feature=player_embedded

Bob

I have played it, but I keep going back to Halo Reach instead.  My problem with Black Ops is that for multi-player, you join a match and everybody else is so far ahead in level and that allows them to have superior weapons.  This weapons difference causes a huge mismatch in my opinion.  As such, I only get 4-8 kills in a match and get killed quite often.  This makes for a very frustrating experience and it will take forever for me to advance.

In Halo Reach, you have access to the exact same equipment in the multi-player games, so it isn't about what level you have already obtained, it is about your skill. 

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2011, 03:38 pm »
George, it sounds like you and I are matched about equal. Shame we're on different systems, because like they say....misery loves company.
We could suck together equally.  :lol:

Bob

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 9 Apr 2011, 04:11 pm »
George, it sounds like you and I are matched about equal. Shame we're on different systems, because like they say....misery loves company.
We could suck together equally.  :lol:

Bob

Yep, too bad.

While I am not anywhere close to excellent at FPS games, I do hold my own pretty darn well in Halo Reach.   :wink:

Maybe at some point I will get a PS3.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2011, 07:02 pm »
I'm not very good either, but have a blast doing it. Fortunately, I've got a bunch of PS3 clan guys that tolerate my horrible playing abilities in return for quality audio advice and being an overall cool guy.  :lol:

I had a 360. In fact, I've had four of five of them.  :roll:
Never played Reach, but loved playing Halo 2. That was cool!
never played 360 online though.

Bob

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2011, 01:02 am »
I've played it a few times...here's a funny vid on how COD should look like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuFiqy0Hwrc&feature=player_embedded

I dont play good...maybe i can join your clan guys.  :D

vadang

« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2011, 06:53 am »
I played my brother's copy of Black Ops a handful of times and I just could not get into it like I did with MW and MW2.  I think I just enjoy the more modern weapons and such.

HT cOz

« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:16 pm »
Warlord gives you the ability to have a silencer and a scope-red dot. Very cool.

HT cOz

« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:17 pm »
How about an old man audio circle clan. We aren't that good but we have fun. Lol

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:22 pm »
How about an old man audio circle clan. We aren't that good but we have fun. Lol

I would love to do that - but it needs to be on the Xbox for me.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2011, 02:42 pm »
I'm in.  :D
On PS3.  Sorry George.  :?

werd

« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2011, 09:13 pm »
I have played it, but I keep going back to Halo Reach instead.  My problem with Black Ops is that for multi-player, you join a match and everybody else is so far ahead in level and that allows them to have superior weapons.  This weapons difference causes a huge mismatch in my opinion.  As such, I only get 4-8 kills in a match and get killed quite often.  This makes for a very frustrating experience and it will take forever for me to advance.

In Halo Reach, you have access to the exact same equipment in the multi-player games, so it isn't about what level you have already obtained, it is about your skill. 

George

The guns they give you are pretty decent. There is not a mismatch. Use the sub machine gun to start, its good and builds up good with extended mag.. Use the tactical mask perk (you get it free)and get nova gas first. Its good a start and works to level 10 excellent.

werd

« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2011, 09:16 pm »
Warlord gives you the ability to have a silencer and a scope-red dot. Very cool.

I use warlord with ninja and ghost perks. Its only good when camping or sniping style play imo.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2011, 09:53 pm »
The guns they give you are pretty decent. There is not a mismatch. Use the sub machine gun to start, its good and builds up good with extended mag.. Use the tactical mask perk (you get it free)and get nova gas first. Its good a start and works to level 10 excellent.

I'll go back and give it a try.

George

werd

« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2011, 10:05 pm »
I'll go back and give it a try.

George

I guess you are on your first prestige?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2011, 10:29 pm »
I guess you are on your first prestige?

First prestige???  What's that?   :dunno:

George